Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraq inquiry: Government ‘intentionally and substantially’ exaggerated WMD threat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Blah blah blah...

    USA! USA! USA!

    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

    Comment


    • #17
      Yeah, that kind of blind patriotism and the whole "It's unpatriotic/anti-american to question our dear leader's decision to go to war" at the time was pretty horrendous wasn't it.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

      Comment


      • #18
        what was it, 'if youre not with us youre against us'' I mean, seriously. I think a lot of us got caught up in the fervour at the time but if we can make such a mistake then whose to saying we arent making similar mistakes now
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

        Comment


        • #19
          Forget the past tense. Afghanistan is still happening.

          There is no shortage of political deception and public gullibility today.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

          Comment


          • #20
            OMG! Does the President know?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

            Comment


            • #21
              Yep, and it will kill him politically.

              The right will be mad he "lost" the war and the left will be angry he made the attempt.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

              Comment


              • #22
                Are you sure he knows?
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  What? Like the entire US Congress sans like two people?
                  I don't think they actually believed it per se, or rather their belief was irrelevant. They just figured they had to toe the line or be labeled traitors. The Capitol is the most cynical building in America.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Same in the UK parliament, a couple of ministers resigned, many other ministers and MPs were bullied into voting with the government.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      If the government report had come out otherwise, then Oerdin would say it was all some sort of scheme. This report means nothing.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Huh?

                        Well it would have been a whitewash if it had come out any other way. It's well documented that the UK government exaggerated in their dodgy dossier. Much of it was copied from a student's essay!

                        The weapons expert who was charged with proofreading the document killed himself over the scandal.

                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_K...weapons_expert)

                        This is completely uncontroversial. And does not relate to the US governments actions.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Plenty of people involved have admitted it was sexed up.

                          The government official who wrote the first draft of the "dodgy dossier" that helped propel Britain into war in Iraq today admits, "We were wrong."






                          There was no real evidence so they had to lie their asses off.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            all in all not much except that UK followed US into devastating Iraq, David Kelly killed himself (still under debate in some circles), Gillgan lost the job, **** resigned, BBC was reigned in, two whitewhash enquiries later and Blair is driving around with 250k a year worth of bodyguards for how many years? :freedom:

                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              and in our country we give 'em medals

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X