YIPEE - there is a thunderstorm some 10 km away heading this way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YIPEE - there is a thunderstorm some 10 km away heading this way

Christ, the last four days has been quite hellish - 32-35 degrees in the shadow, no wind and quite humid, but in maybe an hour it's over. Weather forecast promises that temperature drops to some 25 and more wind.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

This thrade has changed my life with its intellectual stimulation and gripping potential for debate
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Aren't you a photo technician?

Comment

30 degrees in the summer? Yikes, that sounds terrible. Did you move to Antarctica or something?

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I hear he's really an underage girl. You'd better head up there to investigate.

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't mind 30 below zero - it would at lest be dry - it's the damn humidity that is the *****.

And, yeah, I'm quite aware of the stupid yankystani temp scale
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
              I hear he's really an underage girl. You'd better head up there to investigate.
              Up to Antarctica ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Won't somebody think of the children?

Comment

rained in the SE UK today for a couple of hours, been the first significant rain for ages.

Mock all you like but its been a long and hot spring/summer already for these climes
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

We had a very brief (45 mins?) but very intense thunderstorm yesterday that struck in the middle of the first half of the WC final. You didn't? It knocked out my electricity and TV for a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                      And, yeah, I'm quite aware of the stupid yankystani temp scale
                      F

C
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

1: born and bred in the UK
                        2: learn both F and C
                        3: ?????
                        4: profit!
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                          We had a very brief (45 mins?) but very intense thunderstorm yesterday that struck in the middle of the first half of the WC final. You didn't? It knocked out my electricity and TV for a few seconds.
                          Nah, there was a small shower lasting some 10 minutes, but it didn't help since the ground was so hot that it quickly evaporated

Steven Weinberg

Comment

We had the hottest day in 16(?) years on Saturday. The nights are the worst. In daytime I can live with it, take showers, drink a lot, but my sleep gets interrupted and then you awake in a pool of sweat.

Comment

Yeah, know what you mean - I have dropped dynen (these engrish speakers seem to call it duvet ) and barely use the cover sheet.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X