No announcement yet.

FYI ueber narutard flame war to happen next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Piece was simply the most egregious example of an entire tsunami of suck.

Editing and localization of anime
    Further information: Editing of anime in American distribution

The management of 4Kids Entertainment has stated that it seeks to "localize anime so children in English-speaking countries will understand it...",[5] judging that localization is necessary in order for these titles to be profitable.[5] For most titles, the editing 4Kids performs falls into a few broad categories – 4Kids may seek to "Americanize" a program by changing character names, dialog, music, food, or stereotypes which would be unfamiliar or even offensive to an American audience. The company also may remove some materially suggestive objects such as cigarettes or guns with lollipops, water guns, crosses, or content deemed too violent or suggestive for American children. In an interview with Al Kahn, CEO of 4Kids, when asked how the company decides what properties or anime to acquire, his reply was "..if [anime fans] want this programming to come to the United States then they're going to have to accept the fact that it's going to be available in two styles."[5]

A March 2006 study by the Parents Television Council on violence in children's television programs said that the 4Kids dub of Shaman King was still too violent for children.[17] L. Brent Bozell also pointed out the 4Kids-dubbed Shaman King in one of his weekly column as an example of children's media he perceived as having undue "cultural landmines".[18]
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

...and yes, the grammar in that quote is hilarious.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
        Good for you. I on the other hand am stuck watching kid shows but haven't watched an grown up show in lord knows when.

Anyone familiar with The Upside Down show? On DVR. Yep Living the life.
        I never thought I'd have something in common with Ogie, but there you go.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
        X