Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is officially the future

It must be, as it's that day that Marty McFly arrived in the future >>>

Edit. Hmmm, that attachment displayed in Preview ....
    Attached Files

Hoverskates
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Five years and several months too early, apparently:

"The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Yeah, I always thought it was 2015 too...the dates were always 30 years apart.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Nice catch, Kontiki.

Wiki:
          On July 5 2010, UK film magazine Total Film started a hoax that the date was referenced in Back To The Future, and that 07/05/10 was in fact 'Future Day'. The hoax became a Twitter sensation, being retweeted by thousands across the globe, and featuring in articles on The Guardian website, as well as News.com.au in Australia and a UAE News site. It became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter and "Back To The Future" became the most searched term on Google for that 24 hour period.

Total Film admitted the hoax in a news story[10], conceding that they were at fault for the error, and that once it started it was difficult to stop. The team released an edited image of the DeLorean dashboard to support the hoax, although admitted in several tweets that they were wrong, the image only fueled the Twitter fire, fooling many into believing it was real.

On July 6th 2010, a second photoshopped image by a third-party emerged, continued the hoax and lead thousands to believe that this was the date that Marty McFly arrived in the future.
          The actual image from the movie is shown on the wiki page as well.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Still, we only have 5 years. What in that movie hasn't been invented that we need to invent asap!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              Hoverskates

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Power laces:

Back to the Future Power Laces Made a Reality

Chris Brandrick, PC World

Jul 6, 2010 2:42 pm

Time travelling science-fiction flick Back To The Future recently celebrated its 25th anniversary. To commemorate the event one fan set to work on recreating the second movies Hyperdunk shoes, power laces included.

The working proof-of-concept sneakers were created by instructables user blakebevin. Her creation mimics the automated lacing action as seen in the trilogy's second film. You can see the original futuristic shoes, as worn by Marty McFly, in action below:

Nike hasn't quite delivered on power laces, so the only way to get your very own futuristic Hyperdunks is to follow blakebevin's instructions. To complete the hack, you will need a motor, Arduino microcontroller, spare hightop sneakers, spare time and some other bits and pieces. Once you have followed the instuctions you should have your very own pair of power lace sneakers:

It's fitting tribute to Back To The Future--and a lot easier to pull off than re-creating the movie's iconic hoverboard, which one French artist has attempted.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

You can do anything with an Arduino.

SP
                  I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Now if only you could miniaturize that motor...
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

[ATTACH]166566[/ATTACH]

SP
                      I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

I loved that movie when I was younger.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                          Still, we only have 5 years. What in that movie hasn't been invented that we need to invent asap!
                          They need to film 15 new Jaws movies for one.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

15 more Jaws movies???? ewww

More generally, yahoo is running another article on this today it seems
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

The Cubs have to win a World Series too... that isn't going to happen
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X