X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS View Post
    Nah, that would be Ukraine or Belarus.
    +1
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Nation Spain: Mini-Me Portugal
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Nation South Africa: MIni-Me Zimbabwe

Comment

Nations: Ireland & Scotland
          Mini-me : Northern Ireland

Comment

Nation: Romania
            Mini-me: Moldova
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Nation: Albania
              Mini-me: All the bits they want.

Comment

Nation: Israel
                mini-me: USA
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Nation: Croatia
                  Mini-me: Herzegovina

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                    Nation South Africa: MIni-Me Zimbabwe
                    I really wanted to post that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                      Nation: Albania
                      Mini-me: Kosovo
                      For now. They'll get the other bits later.

Comment

There was a time when...

Nation: Lithuania
                        Mini-me 1: Poland
                        Mini-me 2: Russia

Amazing how much things change in a few hundred years

Lithuania has probably had the second greatest fall from power to obscurity ever, first being Mongolia.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Lithuania fell more. Mongols still have a huge country, and their own culture... while Lithuanians have a small remnant, and potentially under threat culturally from Russians and Poles in the future.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Yeah but the Mongols controlled China, India, Persia, Russia, had the largest empire in human history while Lithuania only dominated eastern Europe. The fall in absolute terms is greater for Mongolia.

Besides, isn't Mongolia just a puppet of China now?
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

nah... I think Mongolia is OK, they have their own language, culture... and such huge empire never had Mongolian culture embeded on the vast area... I think that area where Lithuanian language/culture existed was a much larger in the past than today, while the original Mongols would probably be happy if someone gave them the 1mil+km square of land they have today to rule as their own... Many ancient civs had a worse ending... but from those which survive, I think Lithuanians are about the smallest who survive still, and were mighty once...

perhaps we can have our resident Lithuanians or Poles comment

Comment

Saras is our only Lithuanian, I believe. I'm half Lithuanian but have never been there and know nothing of the culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X