• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell Nay !
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      Well, I guess it is brutalist in that it is naked concrete but the design themes seem different from the more iconic and well known brutalist buildings so I've heard it called neo-brutalist but maybe its just a subgroup of brutalism. I honestly don't know how architects classify it.
      It doesn't look any different than other brutalist buildings. It, and qualcom are just regular, horrible, brutalist buildings. It isn't "neo-brutalism", you just made that up, haha.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It is ugly. I will give you that.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Woof. Again, I think paint and some descent greenery will make the difference. I see the windows open for the tenants, so put some planter boxes up there.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Here's an example of Brutalism in Philly. My alma mater's liberal arts and social sciences buildings..

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The Philadelphia State Office Building:

From this angle, it looks like cool... but it's actual windows!

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That kind of thing should be restricted to the drawing board, really.

Either make buildings that humans will enjoy or don't make buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                  Can Barnabus defend it, that's the question?
                  He can say it has the best views in town..........as it's the only place you can't see it from.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                    He can say it has the best views in town..........as it's the only place you can't see it from.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                    X