World Cup Re-unions... Hello, Old Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Re-unions... Hello, Old Friends

...and tormentees. Friends nonetheless, through online rampaging thick, thin and N(ever)SFW.

So I've been put to the task of marketing a fundraising campaign for UNICEF, on behalf of the University of Calgary's Soccer Club. This is our first major event, and the success of our efforts will determine whether campus facilities are available to the club for all future fundraisers. The Soccer Club is both a sporting and social organization that aims to mobilize the school's interest for the sport, and direct all proceeds from community events to charitable causes.

Having just started ticket sales for the World Cup Final, I'm exploring every avenue possible to increase the momentum of contribution to our UNICEF provided goal tracker:

...any contribution to this cause has the dual effect of raising our event's credential, and of course - providing others with care through UNICEF's unrivaled dedication. While a projected 750$ of ticket sales will be directed to South African causes, online donations are hoped to at least equal this amount, in whatever direction UNICEF best sees fit. Thereafter, the Schulich faculty of Engineering here at the U of C could very well match the total donation raised.

I'm sure that there are a few old b*stards on here who recognize my marketing fervor, and will vouch that this could become more than projected. Yet a few $ here and there from fellow OT clowns isn't the goal.. I am eager to see even those from from Poly with traditionally "opposing opinions" [] recognize how your donation/name in that goal tracker influences others to give.

This is a charitable niche that has not yet been properly organized at our school, and one with massive potential. The U of C's student body has significant Arabic, African and Latino populations (to name a few), all waiting to come together socially, in celebration of the sport. While I'm on campus in a little kiosk, talking to them daily, I still need help to get the ball rolling.

Much love, and let me know what further information might be provided for your donation. Happy World Cup 2010

Z

1) REDACTED
    2) How the hell are you still at UofC? All of my friends still there are almost done their graduate degrees and are heads of the GSU.
    Last edited by Asher; June 26, 2010, 21:15. Reason: RE-DACT-ED
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I would be embarrassed to have finished my Graduate Studies at the U of C. Unless in GeogInfoSystems, IT or Schulich . Fingers crossed I'm moving on to McGill in 2011. With literally twice the courses you ever completed, mr compsci consultant hack

Who do you know at the GSU? There's one fancy young skirt who works there that's making every trip into the office a flustered slapstick.

Comment

Well they're not part of the school-wide GSA...but the president/VP-internal for the CS GSA are actually staying at my condo in Toronto this week

They just made me dinner.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It must be true that CS admins cook in 1s and 0s

Comment

Zylka is making sense... this means only one thing... someone hacked his account!

[seriously serious]welcome back, good to know you are doing well[/seriously serious]
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
              Zylka is making sense... this means only one thing... someone hacked his account!

[seriously serious]welcome back, good to know you are doing well[/seriously serious]
              Serious? I think someone has hacked Japher's account too.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post

Cheers Japhy, good to see you too. Want to make a 5$ donation to get this Poly ball rolling?

Comment

Working...
                X