No announcement yet.

Official: London is a dirty ****hole!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, just what we need. More ambulance-chasing lawyers encouraging people to screw each other for dodgy compensation cases. Possible outcomes - more council tax hikes, congestion charge raised to £60 per day and extended to zone four. Any remaining industry and their jobs to be banished to, erm, China.

Comment

My personal favourite was the woman who got several thousand pounds when a branch fell on top of her on Clapham common. The council couldn't prove on balance of probabilities that they had inspected the tree for loose branches.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

BTW, the clean air quality won't be enforced in my opinion, nor will there be fines. It's all political posturing and media sales.

Comment

How many people live in the City of London anyway? 10,000, if that, and most of them will be in Barbican which serves them right for living in a monstrosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            Whilst not covered by the article it allows, to some extent, Londoners to bring Court cases to force the (local) government to improve air quality and/or compensate for failing to meet its obligation for clean air quality. It's not all about evil Brussels forcing Londoners not to live in their own filth.
            Uhhh...yeah, this is part of it. By taking away the right of Londoners to collectively decide what the rules are regarding a collective problem.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Segregation.

Comment

nevermind I see its already been addressed

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                  "We're concerned about people beating women in our yard, so we'll go out and measure how much wife beating is going on in their houses. If it's too much we'll fine them"

Comment

While more horrific, the lack of logic remains the same.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

How many people live in the City of London anyway? 10,000, if that, and most of them will be in Barbican which serves them right for living in a monstrosity.
                      Yeah, why can't someone fly planes into those towers? They'd be applauded, not prosecuted!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hmm, we need a brutalism thread ...

Comment

Technically in the borough of Islington, and just outside the City, but don't forget the superb Art-Deco Florin Court, generally regarded as a City residence.

I've no idea why I posted that. This is supposed to be about pollution, but someone mentioned architecture so I had no choice but to go off on one... :drunkasusual:

Comment

So you are Neddy Bloom?

Comment

Working...
                            X