iPhone 4 Roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 4 Roll call

The phone of all phones is out. Did you? Are you? Will you?
    Pre-ordered and Delivered
    0.00%
    Pre-ordered, not delivered
    0.00%
    Stood in line all night and SUCCESS!
    5.88%
    Stood in line and failed
    0.00%
    Waiting a week or two till the lines go away
    0.00%
    Undecided about it
    11.76%
    Don't Want!
    76.47%
    Other
    5.88%
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Which tool stood in line all night?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

No, no, and no.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Krill, Guilty. Did it more for the experience of it than to actually get the phone though. It was fun, mostly
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Have you tried making a call while holding the phone? Apparently that design aspect was overlooked.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have a phone (iPhone 3G) and it's just fine. I don't buy new gear until it's needed.
            (My car is a '98...)
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Asher, I saw the reports, but I haven't had any trouble.

Comment

My old phone is turned off in my briefcase in case of an emergency.
                If I ever decide that it needs to be kept on, then I may consider an upgrade.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak View Post
                  Asher, I saw the reports, but I haven't had any trouble.
                  It looks pretty reproducible...

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    It looks pretty reproducible...
                    That looks like a pretty serious design flaw.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

When I first heard they were using the actual casing of the phone as an antenna, my first thought was "Uh...is that a good idea? People touch the casing..."

Comment

I want an Android or WinPhone7. I have no interest in an iPhone because it is both supremely closed down and because it is on AT&T's network.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Then there was the botched demo last month at the unveiling.

They were trying to show off how awesome the new screen was, but they couldn't load the ****ing websites on the iPhone 4 while the iPhone 3GS right next to it was loading the pages just fine.

Steve Jobs blamed all of the people using WiFi in the room and demanded they shut off their device, as if that was the problem...the 3GS was loading things just fine, and all of the journalists liveblogging it had working internet also. Even the backup iPhone 4 did the same thing.

Looked like a reception problem then, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            I want an Android or WinPhone7. I have no interest in an iPhone because it is both supremely closed down and because it is on AT&T's network.
                            Droid X was just announced.

Shop Verizon smartphone deals and wireless plans on the largest 4G LTE network. First to 5G. Get Fios for the fastest internet, TV and phone service.

Comment

Not just no buck f**k no. I hate Apple and their overpriced, trendy sh*t...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X