X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trapped drunk driver opens another beer as awaits rescue

This sounds like one of you people.

Wed Jun 23, 3:01 pm ET

AUCKLAND (Reuters) – A drunk driver trapped after overturning his car cracked open another can of beer while he waited for emergency crews to rescue him, a New Zealand court was told.

Paul Nigel Sneddon, 47, pleaded guilty to careless driving and drunken driving after being nearly three times over the legal alcohol limit in a district court in the city of Palmerston North, the Dominion Post newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Police found Sneddon, a former baker, trapped in his overturned Ford Laser on June 1, drinking a can of beer after he failed to take a corner properly and crashed through a wooden barrier, flipping his vehicle.

Defense lawyer Peter Young said that when Sneddon found he could not open the doors, "he had nothing else to do at that point, so he had another beer."

When asked by police how much he had consumed, Sneddon replied: "Plenty, I've been drinking for four days straight."

Sneddon, who is estranged from his wife, told the Wellington- based newspaper that he went on a drinking binge after losing his job at a bakery on the same day that he heard his father was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Judge Gregory Ross fined him NZ$1,100 (US$780) and disqualified him from driving for 10 months. It was his first offence.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Defense lawyer Peter Young said that when Sneddon found he could not open the doors, "he had nothing else to do at that point, so he had another beer."

When asked by police how much he had consumed, Sneddon replied: "Plenty, I've been drinking for four days straight."
    i like his style
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

"I'm ****faced, and I ain't lying."
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"Plenty..."
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Palmerston North.

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

On one of our area expressways yesterday.

A semi-trailer truck carrying cases of Miller Lite rolled over on the Edens Expressway this morning, temporarily blocking all inbound lanes, officials said.

The truck struck a guardrail and a concrete bridge support before rolling over at about 3:15 a.m. near the Foster Avenue exit, scattering the cans of beer, according to Illinois State Police.

The driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, state police said.

The truck lost most of its load, temporarily closing all southbound lanes until crews were able to clear the roadway.

But gaping motorists were still making for a slow commute into the city this morning.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              On one of our area expressways yesterday.

A semi-trailer truck carrying cases of Miller Lite rolled over on the Edens Expressway this morning, temporarily blocking all inbound lanes, officials said.

The truck struck a guardrail and a concrete bridge support before rolling over at about 3:15 a.m. near the Foster Avenue exit, scattering the cans of beer, according to Illinois State Police.

The driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, state police said.

The truck lost most of its load, temporarily closing all southbound lanes until crews were able to clear the roadway.

But gaping motorists were still making for a slow commute into the city this morning.

What a waste.

I saw a drunk driver take out a telephone pole late one evening. He managed to get out of the car after the crash and pass a case of beer to a friend following in another car behind.

The lasting memory I have of the event (this was 30 years ago now) were all the telephone poles down the road swaying in succession like dominoes. Very cool.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X