Things do to in Kansas City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things do to in Kansas City?

I'll be working in Kansas City through the end of July. I've already been here for a few weeks and been around the town some, but I was wandering if y'all had any must-see things to suggest around here. From what I've seen so far, there's not exactly a lot standing out for a city of this size.

Although the barbecue I've tried so far has lived up to expectations.
    And having Boulevard on draft everywhere

Hire a hooker.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

play golf?

Comment

Eat barbecue.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Liberty Memorial -- National WWI Museum

Crown Center -- Heartland Theatre, Off-Center Theatre, various events, great retaurants

The Plaza -- restaurants and shopping

Downtown -- Sprint center, American Royal, Power & Light district, other spots

Also the Starlight Theatre, Unicorn theatre, New Dinner Theatre, Lyric Opera, Kansas City Repertory Theatre, Kansas City Ballet, Kansas city Symphony, Chiefs football, Royals Baseball, T-Bones Baseball, Wizards soccer, Mavericks hockey, Kansas City Zoo, load of parks, golf courses, water parks, historic sites, and museums.

Of course not all of it applies right now.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Die.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Or Leave. One of the two.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Watch out for the Yellow Brick Road!
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

That would be Kansas, you twit.

Comment

So? Are we talking about Kansas City in Kansas, or Kansas City on the border of Kansas? Both of them seem pretty ****ing closely related to Kansas if you ask me - in fact I'd even go so far as saying that the clue is in the name!

So my point stands. In fact, seeing as roads generally go to a place from a place, by comment about the Yellow Brick Road is even more pertinent now that you're questioning the location of Kansas City...

Comment

He said a city this size, clearly implying Missouri.

Of course, I wouldn't expect a welshman to understand such subtleties.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        He said a city this size, clearly implying Missouri.
                        It's on the ****ing border of Kansas you douche of Ben-like pedantic proportions!

Of course, I wouldn't expect a welshman to understand such subtleties.
                        Actually the one on the Kansas (basically the same city, thus rendering your argument all the more pedantically Ben-like) side of the border, is pretty big too...

But hey, yanks and sarcasm...

Comment

They had a shooting war across that border, don't you dare call them the same town!

Comment

Grinders Pizza KC - Enjoy handcrafted pizzas and more at Grinders Pizza in Kansas City and Lenexa, KS. Indulge in delicious flavors with our freshly made dough and premium toppings. Visit us for a taste of authentic Italian cuisine with a modern twist!
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                              Or Leave. One of the two.
                              Beat me to it

Comment

Working...
                              X