Ramo may quit in a few months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramo may quit in a few months

Rahm Emanuel, Obama's Chief of Staff to quit White House in six to eight months: report
    Rahm Emanuel just can't take it anymore.

That's what 'Washington insiders' are telling the London Telegraph, which reports that the White House chief of staff is tired of sparring with both Republicans and fellow Democrats and will quit in the next six to eight months.

"I would bet he will go after the midterms," The Telegraph quotes a 'leading Democratic' source as saying.

"Nobody thinks it's working but they can't get rid of him - that would look awful. He needs the right sort of job to go but the consensus is he'll go."

Emanuel, 50, has been one of the most prominent faces of the Obama administration and a lightning rod for critics.

This year he battled Republicans on health care reform, watched the President's approval ratings plunge, and found himself embroiled in controversy when the Wall Street Journal reported that he had called a liberal group 'retarded' in a closed-door meeting, prompting Sarah Palin and other conservatives to call for his resignation.

Emanuel, who has openly admitted he didn't want the chief of staff job when it was first offered to him, said in a March interview with 60 Minutes, "It's seven days a week, constant. And even at night, you're never really calm sleeping. No matter how exhausted, you're not calm. You're never kinda off."

The father of three also told 60 Minutes that the job is "a tremendous amount of pressure. And it's a tremendous amount to ask of your family."

According to the Telegraph's sources, Emanuel has told friends he is "very sensitive to the idea that he is not a good father for having done this," and that privately he has expressed a desire to run for Mayor of Chicago, his home town.

The White House did not respond to the Telegraph's request for comment.

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

"

Comment

Amen..good riddance
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Not sure why there is so much Ramo hate. From what I can tell he's basically Obama except somehow even savvier. Insofar as Obama being an effective president is bad for the country, yes it is nice to see him go but this hatred seems bipartisan which to me is strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Not sure why there is so much Ramo hate. From what I can tell he's basically Obama except somehow even savvier. Insofar as Obama being an effective president is bad for the country, yes it is nice to see him go but this hatred seems bipartisan which to me is strange.
            I dont hate him, but am in agreement, he is a sith clone, I never voted for yobama
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Obama

Comment

I wouldn't put much faith in the Telegraph. This is probably just wishful thinking on their part.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

White House Chiefs of staff are never popular because they are perceived as manipulators of public opinion and people do not want to think they can be manipulated. Why do you think there are no chiefs of staff on Mt Rushmore?

Comment

Because Mt Rushmore is presidents?

Comment

You can't make your conclusion the same as your premise in an argument...you will find this out the hard way if you ever take an SAT.

Comment

I never liked the Chief of Staff on The West Wing.

I never liked the show at all, actually.

Ramo.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

BTW, Rahm Emanuel's nickname is "Rahmbo", not "Ramo".
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

But Ramo's username is Ramo.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ramo hasn't been here in over a year
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X