how do I edit photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I edit photos?

Need to reduce the amount of bytes in a photo, by a little to put it up on Linked In.

Also need to reduce size of a different photo (by a lot) to allow to use it as an avatar.

Help, please.

Do you have any gfx software? Or at least a more sophisticated image viewer like IrfanView that can do some of those ops as well.

To reduce the filesize of a pic the usual way is to save in a format using compression, like the common JPG, though that often also means loss of image quality. PNG is a format that has compression without loss of quality.

Resizing a pic should be no biggy as well. If anything fails just post the pic if you want to have it resized for an avatar. You could post the full pic to an image hoster like imageshack (unless it's so huge they it goes beyond their accepted limit), and link to it here...
    Blah

Comment

Do you want to be hired based on looks?

I opened a profile on LinedIn but didn't upload a photo . I'm a
      computer techie , not a photomodel .

Comment

WTF? Can't I do this with Paint or Windows Explorer or something?

Comment

Not in Win Explorer. No idea about Paint, I don't have it on my comp since ages....I vaguely remember it saved pics only as BMP? Then it would probably not help you reducing the filesize, but it should be able to resize pics as such.....
          Blah

Comment

Oh fine I'll google it.

Comment

i resize in paint, which reduces the file size. its image-> stretch/skew then put a number less than 100 in the first 2 boxes to reduce the image. as has been said before saving the file as a jpg reduces its file size
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Do you have the old MS photo editor as part of MS office? Simple thing, but can resize and save PNG. Just load a pic, go via "image" menu to the resize ops...rest should be easy...
                Blah

Comment

resize in paint did the trick. gracias.

Comment

And BeBro...why do you have a salt shaker as your avatar and why does it have such an expression of vulnerability on it's saltshaker robot face?

Comment

It's a Japanese salt shaker robot. Robots are the future even if they look stupid.
                      Blah

Comment

Well, the german salt shaker apparently solved your problem, but you might want to try http://www.irfanview.com/ - I don't say that it can all, but it can a lot and it is updated regularly.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

http://www.paint.net/ is excellent for precisely what you want to do

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                            Not in Win Explorer. No idea about Paint, I don't have it on my comp since ages....I vaguely remember it saved pics only as BMP? Then it would probably not help you reducing the filesize, but it should be able to resize pics as such.....
                            You can save it as a conversion to jpg and others now.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                              X