my job should not exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my job should not exist

Seriously, **** this. We should outlaw private pensions entirely and expand the payroll tax and social security.

Alternately, can someone show me the door to the universe where the sane people live?
    Last edited by Kuciwalker; June 19, 2010, 16:46.

"Discrimination in favor of highly-compensated employees is different from discrimination against non-highly-compensated employees." ASDFLKAJ;SDFKLDSLF;ASD;JLK

THE WORST PART IS HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH

Comment

Rough day?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My dad just explained the ERISA vesting and accrual rules to me, and started in on the non-discrimination rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
          Seriously, **** this. We should outlaw private pensions entirely and expand the payroll tax and social security
          No.

Also, what type of discrimination are you talking about?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Example: cash-balance plans that offer returns above "market rates" [note: this term was used in law 4 years ago and the regulations defining it are still pending] are age discriminatory.

Comment

Don't understand that statement (why such a plan is discriminatory)
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Because if I give $1 at 8% (payable when you are 65) to a 20-year old that is more valuable than $1 at 8% to a 40-year-old.

Comment

Ah, you're saying that the company itself is subsidizing returns. Now I understand.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

actuaries
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Who's offering 8% per annum these days?
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

No one, now that it's illegal.

Comment

By the way, what's the rate on offer nowadays for 30-year annuities? A couple of years ago, I was quoted prices by Vanguard that implied a little over 5% on a $1 million+ annuity.

PM if you prefer.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I have absolutely no idea, and am kind of amused at the idea that I would.

Comment

I had the vague notion that you started with an insurance company. My bad, if not.

Comment

Working...
                              X