No Knock Raids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Knock Raids

I just watched video of a no knock raid (yeah, they knocked late at night and busted in before anyone could answer the door) in Columbia Missouri on John Stossel's show on the Fox bus ch. They broke in and shot the dogs because the guy had some pot. Their snitch over-estimated the amount and they charged the guy with child endangerment because the couple had a bag of pot and a child.

The courts have decided thats all reasonable (true, Imran?) and I say that means we live in a police state. What say you?

and thank God I dont have some putz moderator telling me I owe trolls a damn link

morons

Comment

You need more than that to constitute a police state. It's douchey and the courts should know better, though.

But it's as they say, Lawyers are only smart enough to be Lawyers, not smart enough not to be Lawyers. They don't really say that, I just made that up. But it sounds poignant if you look at it a certain way and pretend it was.

I am happy to contribute to your thread.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If it's not police state, it certainly opens the door.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

pun sighting
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
              You need more than that to constitute a police state.
              thats enough, isn't it? This aint a mistake according to the state, these cops acted appropriately. Their SOP is to bust in the door and shoot any dogs (they say only if the dogs are aggressive, DUH! Idiots). I'll assume you agree it aint "reasonable", ie constitutional but what more do we need for a police state? Ovens? Try not to hold police states up to that standard, think more along the lines of THX-1138 or something. The govt has decided you cant ingest what you want, and now it breaks into your home at night and shoots your pets to make sure you're obedient. You belong to the state, not yourself...

Comment

I'll assume you agree it aint "reasonable", ie constitutional

I don't think "reasonable" and "constitutional" are synonymous

As for what it needs to be a police state...for starters, that police power abuse is systematic

Comment

the 4th Amendment requires that searches and seizures are "reasonable".

Comment

I'm assuming there's more to the amendment than one word

Comment

Which is why Texas uses the 10th Amendment to push back, as far as Federal interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                        I'm assuming there's more to the amendment than one word
                        you already know there is, and? You know of something negating the "reasonable" requirement of the amendment?

Comment

If they no knocked me, it wouldn't end well. I'm upstairs where I'm generally at and hear crashing in, I think you can imagine. That Persuader shotgun is loaded and in the closet.

Comment

I hope they get the drop on you Sloww... They'll kill you and tell everyone it was justified.

Comment

I'd feel much better about my country if we did away with no knock raids except in hostage situations, eg. How can we rid ourselves of this immoral policy? I mean, seriously, how could I ever vote for a politician who supported such brutality? I dont wanna hear about "mistakes are made", the mistake was telling the cops they could behave like thugs. If the argument is no knock raids make it safer for the cops, TOO ******* BAD! Dont take the job. I sure as hell wont subject my fellow citizens to such jackbooted thuggery to make life easier for the jackboots. And if the argument is the contraband could be destroyed while the cops stand at the door, oh well. I dont care. People are more important than evidence of a non-existent crime (drugs)... That includes the cops, and until I see stats to the contrary, common sense tells me more cops are killed in no knock raids than cops killed while being reasonable when serving warrants.

and can you believe that BS from the cops/DA? They break in and shoot the family dogs and then accuse/charge the father of/with child endangerment? They traumatize the kid and then blame dad? WTF? I'd lie to be on that jury.
                              Last edited by Berzerker; June 18, 2010, 03:25.

Comment

Working...
                              X