Hindi words commonly used in English.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    I wouldn't cry about the fire bombing of a Nazi city just like I wouldn't cry over the firebombing of a Muslim city. They're both evil and need to be killed for the good of the world. That's just a fact.
    The man sent by the USofA to win hearts and minds in Iraq!

No wonder it's going so well.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      We've told you before - stop using the word 'Paki', it's racist.

Oerdin, when you start becoming the thing you despise, you lose all credibility.
      I always wondered why is Paki racit but Brit isn't? I assumed Paki was short for Pakistani, is the etmology perhaps different and means something offensive?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        To be fair, Hera would prefer to simply apply concentrated X-rays to their testicles. They differ on radiation methodologies.
        Not true.

I'd just institute a world wide one child policy for those with an IQ below 100. Regardless of race or nationality.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          I wouldn't cry about the fire bombing of a Nazi city just like I wouldn't cry over the firebombing of a Muslim city. They're both evil and need to be killed for the good of the world. That's just a fact.
          I suppose the fireboming of Japanese cities and the Atomic devastation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki provoke similar responses fit in the same bin as the above in your world view?

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
            I always wondered why is Paki racit but Brit isn't? I assumed Paki was short for Pakistani, is the etmology perhaps different and means something offensive?
            It's because of usage and intent. In the UK it's as offensive as the N word is in the states.

Calling someone a Brit is a massive compliment. (deliberate Asher McHockeypants Troll).
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Don't quite get how a slur for economic immigrants from former colonies is as offensive as a word that once denoted a people as property but ok I think I get it.

This reminds me of how here in Slovenia its more PC to call Gypsies Roma. Because Gypsie is suppsedly offensive.

The problem is the word has now gotten a connotation as negative as the previous one and some Roma are already pointing out that they aren't Roma at all but Snyths or something and get terribly upset if you call them Roma.

Comment

Well Paki has been daubed on houses, buildings, chanted by racists on marches and generally used for years as an insult. In other countries it probably doesn't have the same connotations but in the UK if you say it people will instantly assume you're a gigantic racist.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

And generally an insult hurled at anyone whose skin-tone looks like they might have originated somewhere near the Indian sub continent, regardless of what country.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    And generally an insult hurled at anyone whose skin-tone looks like they might have originated somewhere near the Indian sub continent, regardless of what country.
                    Oh like Wog in Australia?

Comment

I guess, that's also used here to indicate the person saying it is a massive racist.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                      X