Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeus Hates Jesus

6-story Jesus statue in Ohio struck by lightning

MONROE, Ohio – A six-story-tall statue of Jesus Christ with his arms raised along a highway was struck by lightning in a thunderstorm Monday night and burned to the ground, police said.

more pics
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

In light of this, how many people converted to polytheism?
    Blah

Comment

Who in the world makes a 6 story statue out of wood? It isn't like lightening goes for high points or anything.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

BTw, did the bible ever mention Jesus raising his arms?
        Blah

Comment

Comment

Don't worry - Jesus will rise again.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
              BTw, did the bible ever mention Jesus raising his arms?
              Its in the Notre Dame edition of the Bible.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Apparently, Jesus was a close relative of Paul Bunyan.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Who in the world makes a 6 story statue out of wood? It isn't like lightening goes for high points or anything.
                  Hey, they used a metal frame!
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Apparently the church spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on it. 1) you wouldn't think a church would normally have that much money 2) if they did, why weren't they doing community work with all that money? (or more likely, using it to buy a house and a couple beamers for the pastor)
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

1. churches are greedy
                      2. churches don't really care about people
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Touchdown Jesus
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

This is Pastor Creflo Dollar's house (yes, Dollar): (no relation to the touchdown jesus but still a notorious preacher)

But lest you think this a recent phenomena (well in Protestantism; Catholics have always been about the money)...

I went to a University founded by a 19th century Gospel of Wealth Baptist preacher (Temple University founded by Russell Conwell). In fact, he founded the university with money he earned giving his "Acres of Diamonds" speech, one of the most famous and popular speeches of the period. Here's an excerpt:

I say that you ought to get rich, and it is your duty to get rich.... The men who get rich may be the most honest men you find in the community. Let me say here clearly .. . ninety-eight out of one hundred of the rich men of America are honest. That is why they are rich. That is why they are trusted with money. That is why they carry on great enterprises and find plenty of people to work with them. It is because they are honest men. ... ... I sympathize with the poor, but the number of poor who are to be sympathised with is very small. To sympathize with a man whom God has punished for his sins ... is to do wrong.... let us remember there is not a poor person in the United States who was not made poor by his own shortcomings.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I seriously dislike prosperity gospel people... they completely distort Jesus's message
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              I seriously dislike prosperity gospel people... they completely distort Jesus's message
                              FACT
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X