No announcement yet.

Are you a fattie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also perfect and thinner than Alpert.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Venom is 5'1" and 4,000 tons.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh? He lost weight.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

27.9 BMI. 105 kg of love.
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
            5'9" seems short for an average Too many malnourished Asians were measured apparently
            Yes, I am a malnourished Asian.
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Midgets
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

BMI of 28.5, oi I need to get back to the track.
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

Mono:

To be fair, BMI is a bad metric because it doesn't take into account body composition. I have a six pack yet BMI considers me 'overweight'. I'm supposedly 10% bodyfat but still overweight according to BMI.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

bmi of 22.4 and 15.2% body fat.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      bmi of 22.4 and 15.2% body fat.
                      See exactly. Cockney is 'normal' weight in BMI as opposed to my 'overweight' BMI but my body fat % is 2/3rd his. BMI is useless if you are not sedentary.

Comment

BMI 21.6, 17.5% body fat. But I'm sedentary, so I'll go with the BMI.
                        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

28.5... Damn, need to start swimming again. Stupid airport food
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

1. Do calipers. It is extremely convenient and when done by a well trained person, very accurate (next to Dexa really).

2. Do photographs. Look at them yourself and post them for feedback.

3. Watch the Leigh Peele video about judging body fat from photos. It will help you be more objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Mono:

To be fair, BMI is a bad metric because it doesn't take into account body composition. I have a six pack yet BMI considers me 'overweight'. I'm supposedly 10% bodyfat but still overweight according to BMI.
                              Amen!

Im 6'1" 242 pounds.

I am 51, dont work (due to my auto-accident over 4 years ago) out in a regimented way, but dont have a "fat" gut/belly.

I am big frammed and muscular and carry weight well.

Even while holding 2 different U S Open fighting championships in Tae Kwon Do, I weighed 238 but was in best shape/condition of my life, could handle 3 hour work out sessions 7 days a week.

A height to weight is not an all inclusive standarrd, although probably works in most cases as a guideline.

Gramps
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                                Even while holding 2 different U S Open fighting championships in Tae Kwon Do, I weighed 238 but was in best shape/condition of my life, could handle 3 hour work out sessions 7 days a week.
                                Grandpa Troll is too bad ass for poly

Yeah. My understanding was that the BMI metric was established in the early 20th century and applied to people of that era who were underweight and fairly malnourished by modern standards. It was more of a positive metric rather than a normative one. Just because the majority of healthy individuals at that time were 5'10" 150lbs does not mean that that would have been ideal, especially since muscular people would have been rare then. I suppose it's still a good metric for sedentary people but when you have a metric that claims Terrell Owens is morbidly obese and at increased risk of death, there's a problem.

In fact, I've seen research published in the BMJ that indicates that strength, as represented in their study by bench and leg press, is inversely related to cancer and other natural causes of death. It was a large scale study involving 8000 men over the course of 19 years and the stronger men were significantly less likely to die during the course of the study.

Comment

Working...
                                X