Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloading from Myspace Music (NOT PIRACY!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading from Myspace Music (NOT PIRACY!)

It's not piracy if I actually created the music, right?

I have a Myspace Music page with songs on it that I no longer possess. In the past, when you could download from Myspace Music easily, I assumed that I could use that almost like free online storage that I could access anywhere. Things have changed apparently.

In the settings, there is an option for me to make my songs downloadable but that seems to be a legacy option that they have forgotten to remove because I can not see any way to download the music.

I know there were methods to 'hack' myspace but every program or method that I've seen online is old and no longer works.

Anyone know any methods? I really need these copies. If there's a way to do it and it violates Apolyton's policies by telling me, you could do it yourself to help me out and I'll provide my page's address.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I was thinking to use a male-male jack and record it through the inline but I would rather not have 'streaming' quality when I can get the actual files.
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

"File-sharing" sites are blocked by my firewall, but there are programs/techniques for downloading embedded music http://www.google.com/search?q=downl...+myspace+music I use the DownloadHelper extension for Firefox which works for youtube, no idea if it would work for myspace
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I tried to download it from Orbit but Orbit doesn't recognize any music files when I'm on the page. I could try some others but I'm hesitant to start downloading software willy nilly due to spyware/adware/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
          I was thinking to use a male-male jack and record it
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well I found something and got it. It doesn't sound quite like the right level of quality but it's good enough (maybe the myspace encoding caused a loss). Unfortunately, looks like the program added some eBay and Boingo crap but I think I got rid of it.

Thanks.

Case closed

Comment

We look forward to your malware thread in the tech forum.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

In the future, use Virtualbox (or some other virtual machine) if you're installing random programs off the internet.

Comment

I like to have my OS partitioned off from the rest of the hdd. That way if I have to format, all else is safe.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah I have two hard drives and they're each partitioned in half. I wish I had thought of that. Oh well. It was a program called musicjacker. It was on cnet so I don't know if it's too bad.

Comment

The other thing to do is to install Comodo, which will warn you if a program tries to do something silly like modify the registry or whatever. But programs from CNET are generally okay except for installing unwanted shortcuts, so no need to get paranoid.

Comment

Working...
                      X