****ing Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ing Apple

Miscellaneous ****ing rants about their stupidity, hypocrisy, and dishonesty.

• HOURs removed from pimping iAd for iPhone OS (their ad platform which introduces annoying, Flash-like ads to the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, where they get a 40% share of the revenues) they release Safari 5 with a feature called Safari Reader which contains the copy: "Safari Reader removes annoying ads and other visual distractions from online articles." http://www.apple.com/safari/whats-new.html Are you ****ing serious? Are ads good or bad? The thing here is you make 40% of the revenue from iAds, you make 0% from the web. Google makes the most from the web. **** you, Apple.

• Apple's copy also claims Safari is the leader of HTML5 support, when they implement 90% of HTML5 (same portion as Firefox 3.6, out long ago) while the Firefox 4 beta due out within a week or two supports 98%. **** you, Apple.

• Apple's copy also claims Safari is "the fastest browser". I just ****ing benchmarked it, in no single benchmark is Safari faster than Chrome. IN FACT, Chrome is at least TWICE as fast in Apple's very own Sunspider javascript benchmark (the one they specifically cite). **** you, Apple.

• Apple just amended their developer Terms of Service to specifically screw over Google's AdMob service from collecting metrics from iPhone devices. Google will need to find a way to work around this now. There's no reason for this at all except blatant anti-competitive behaviour. **** you, Apple.

• Apple is notoriously pimping "open web standards" on the web, because it's convenient rhetoric in their war with Adobe (where Flash is an alternative development platform devs can target on the iPhone to bypass Apple's 30%-of-the-revenue-cut from the App Store; so Apple bans it). Part of their support for the "open web standards" includes the very-expensive, $5M-a-year to license even for non-profit open source organizations h264 codec. Google open sources and makes VP8 royalty free, and Apple refuses to support it and even suggests it's an invitation for lawsuits to do so. **** you, Apple.

• Apple's rah-rah-HTML5 rhetoric includes some "demos" they just launched the other day. Most of these demos work on Chrome and Firefox also, but Apple added browser checking so they ONLY will load with Safari 4/5 and will tell you you NEED to download Safari 4/5 to view them even though they'll work on Chrome & Firefox also. http://www.apple.com/html5/ The whole ****ing point of HTML5 is the ****ing mockup is platform-independent. It's not proprietary, it'll work in any HTML5 browser. **** you, Apple.

****ing anal ****s.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Massive
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Pretty much business as usual at Apple then.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, I tried to check out those demo's and was told to use Safari Made me feel a bit nostalgic though, I remember sites using that during the browser war
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

And don't get me started on the MAGICALNESS of the iPad and the "Apple A4" processor, WHICH IS ACTUALLY A REBADGED SAMSUNG PACKAGING OF THE CORTEX A8 PROCESSOR USED BY MOST SMARTPHONES AND WILL BE IN OTHER SAMSUNG PHONES WITHIN THE MONTH, INCLUDING ANDROID ONES.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

**** you Apple!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

last I heard you can use I-pads for rowing too... paddles are getting obsolete
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

How often do you check you blood pressure, Asher?
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If you're angry and you know it, buy a gun!
                        If you're angry and you know it, buy a gun!
                        If you're angry and you know it, and you really want to show it,
                        If you're angry and you know it...Steve Jobs
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          How often do you check you blood pressure, Asher?
                          I'm scared to.

Comment

:angrythreadi:
                            Blah

Comment

So Apple releases a tool to make reading easier on the Web and eliminate ads, and you ***** and moan. Not sure who skull****ed you as a child

Comment

Working...
                              X