No announcement yet.

Poly Guidelines For Correct Insulting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly Guidelines For Correct Insulting?

I'm kinda confused by the current forum drama. Admittedly I'm probably an amateur in the insulting business, but I assume there are a lot of naive polytubbies like me who could use a little help in this field. A more systematic approach could help us all to get along while still improving the overall quality of the site's regular insulting.

Personally I'd like to see a comprehensive list of simple rules that make our daily routine of insulting eachother a little bit easier to understand and to conduct. Especially newbies could profit a lot from this, but I guess even the most sophisticated insult can still be improved.

As far as insulting goes, shouldn't we strive for real consistency? So either we insult everyone or noone. IMO arbitrary rules against insulting specific people are not the way to go. That kind of social exclusion leads directly to discrimination against certain groups which are then left out of the entire process of throwing insults. In the long run we would surely create a class of under-privileged people who never can hope to be insulted like the mainstream of society.

I don't think anybody can really ignore the dangers of such a development.

Discuss.
    Blah

dickcockballs

that is all

Comment

IF [insult_is_inappropriate AND I_give_a_damn] THEN do_not_insult ELSE whatever
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        IF [insult_is_inappropriate AND I_give_a_damn] THEN do_not_insult ELSE whatever
        if [target_member] is [douchebag]
        then [douchebag] = [truth]

error: [truth] isnot [insult].
        button "ignore". else whatever.

The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

KrazyHorse's rule:

You can insult other people directly, but you cannot insult friends or family of other people.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Sounds fine to me, you douche...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

It's no one you ******** douchebag *******!!!!!!!!.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                KrazyHorse's rule:

You can insult other people directly, but you cannot insult friends or family of other people.
                That has generally been Poly's rule for at least the last 5 years.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

True enough. But your mother's a cankerous whore.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Insult everyone, threaten no one.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      True enough. But your mother's a cankerous whore.
                      Thanks to Guy.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                        It's no one you ******** douchebag *******!!!!!!!!.

ACK!
                        No-one believes that
                        Blah

Comment

Noone does.

ACK!

Comment

No true polytubbie would insult another-one over such an issue, you **********************************************
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              That has generally been Poly's rule for at least the last 5 years.
                              So then why did this **** douche create this thread!?

HUH? HUH? Answer me that, you ****ing Muslim Christian-wannabe.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X