The Grim Eater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grim Eater.

Most of you have seen the movie The Wedding Crashers where two guys crash weddings in an attempt to sleep with drunk bride's maids but this is a whole new twist. A man in New Zealand known as "The Grim Eater" has been crashing up to four funerals a week just so he can score free food. Reportedly the man also carried a back pack full of Tupperware so that he could pack the food to go when no one was looking.

The "Grim Eater" Stole Food From Funerals

Funeral homes in Wellington, New Zealand, have been hit by an unusual thief, dubbed the "Grim Eater" for reasons that will soon become obvious. From The Dominion Post:

A fake mourner who repeatedly gatecrashed Wellington funerals was so keen on the food that he brought along tupperware containers to fill up and take home.

The "grim eater" attended up to four funerals a week during March and April before he was stopped.

Harbour City Funeral Home director Danny Langstraat said the company eventually grew concerned enough to take a photograph of the man and distribute it to its branches. "He was showing up to funeral after funeral, and without a doubt he didn’t know the deceased."

The man, thought to be aged in his 40s, went to different churches and venues around the eastern suburbs, including Miramar, Rongotai and Kilbirnie. "We saw him three or four times in a week. And certainly he had a backpack with some tupperware containers so when people weren’t looking, he was stocking up."

The man was "always very quiet and polite, and did as the rest of the mourners did in paying his respects".

The man in question was later revealed to be a local artist named Reese Tong
    Funeral homes in Wellington, New Zealand, have been hit by an unusual thief, dubbed the "Grim Eater" for reasons that will soon become obvious. From The Dominion Post:A fake mourner who repeatedly gatecrashed Wellington funerals was so keen on the food that he brought along tupperware containers to fill up and take home.The "grim eater" attended up to four funerals a week during March and April before he was stopped.Harbour City Funeral Home director Danny Langstraat said the company ...
    Attached Files
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

What a genius! :-D There are people that sneak into funerals just to have a social life, others simply enjoy the sentiments of grief and loss... at least, this one did it for the food.
    I must confess that once I snuck into a marriage celebration just because I wanted to approach a girl there. :-P

edit: I'd been not able to get a date, but at least I enjoied the appetizers and the drinks lol.
    The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

Crazy old fat kiwis

Comment

As long as he is not eating the dead, they should let him slide :freedom:
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Victoria Coren: Plans for a celebration of the life of broadcaster and columnist Alan Coren were hit by a strange request

Victoria Coren: A grisly twist in the tale of the gatecrashing Jolley Gang. Now will they end their grim hobby?

The Jolley gang in the UK are a sort of horrible organised version of the Grim Eaters. Although a free lunch was an important part of what they were(/are?) doing, it seems as though they got a ghoulish pleasure out of impersonating friends of the deceased and playacting in front of friends and family. Pretty sick stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X