X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried Mashed Potatos

Are ****ing awesome.

That is all.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

yup

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I haven't ever had fried mashed potatoes. I'm a relative newcomer to twice-baked potatoes.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww, you don't know what you are missing. They're awesome as late night drunk food, or with fried eggs and bacon as breakfast.

Comment

Like fry mashed potatoes in a pan, or deep fry?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

In a pan. Cast iron works well. Fried in bacon fat by choice, oil or butter if I don't have any bacon drippings on hand.

Comment

I'm going to try it out. Thanks.

Comment

NP. Enjoy!

(If your doctor gives you **** about eating fried food, I'm not responsible. )

Comment

All they really give me grief about is smoking. I have like zero body fat, so they leave me alone. Despite the fact, I have cut back on red meat at least.

Comment

Like potato pancakes?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            All they really give me grief about is smoking. I have like zero body fat, so they leave me alone. Despite the fact, I have cut back on red meat at least.

Fair enough. It's your heart after all.

Though now that you mention it, deep fried might work as well. I suspect you'd want to form the mashed into patties or balls first (maybe with some chopped onions?) .....if I had a deep fryer I'd give it a shot.

@Japher: Sort of, but you use either freshly made mashed or leftovers and just fry them up. Potato pancakes are more like roesti than fried mash.

Comment

Add cabbage to the mashed potatoes before frying, and you have that British classic- Bubble and Squeak.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X