Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did everyone before 1860 speak with a British accent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So did everyone before 1860 speak with a British accent?

If not, why does Hollywood seem to think so?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Well, as the SG documentaries prooves, then even nonhuman extraterestials speaks british - even with a british accent.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

SG as in Stargate?

Russians and Germans in WW2 spoke with British accents as well.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They spoke english with german and russian accents.

SG - what else
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No... British accents...

Comment

even humans in Dragon Age speak British English
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Depends - don't think Clint used a british accent :

more - not embeddable, but with german writings :

The opening credits. Taken from the movie "Where Eagles Dare." I love the heck out of this movie, and the two things I love the most are the score and scener...

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                They spoke english with german and russian accents.
                That just reminds me of Allo Allo, where people "spoke" in different languages (French, German, English) by speaking English in different accents. And then you had the English spy posing as a French police officer who would speak in a french accent but would mispronounce words.
                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Looks like Clint Eastwood played an American Army Ranger in that movie though. Not a German soldier.

And was SG a reference to Stargate or not?

Comment

The ancient Greeks spoke with British accents (Troy, Alexander), the Romans (HBO's Rome), ancient ice age peoples (10,000 BC), ancient Persians (Prince of Persia), medieval crusaders (Kingdom of Heaven)...

Everybody spoke with British accents... didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
                      The ancient Greeks spoke with British accents (Troy, Alexander), the Romans (HBO's Rome), ancient ice age peoples (10,000 BC), ancient Persians (Prince of Persia), medieval crusaders (Kingdom of Heaven)...

Everybody spoke with British accents... didn't they?
                      Everyone except the British:

"I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
                        Looks like Clint Eastwood played an American Army Ranger in that movie though. Not a German soldier.

And was SG a reference to Stargate or not?
                        Can you make another ?

Yeah Clint was doing that, but managed to do it without an english accent.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Edan View Post
                          Everyone except the British:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It's a little known fact that the real reason the South broke away from the Union was over the South's disinclination to speak with a British accent.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No, Slowww. It was slavery. We've been over this before.

Comment

Working...
                              X