Palin reveals who to blame for Gulf oil spill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palin reveals who to blame for Gulf oil spill

The guilty party? Environmentalists, of course!

Extreme Enviros: Drill, Baby, Drill in ANWR – Now Do You Get It?
    Yesterday at 2:17pm

This is a message to extreme “environmentalists” who hypocritically protest domestic energy production offshore and onshore. There is nothing “clean and green” about your efforts. Look, here’s the deal: when you lock up our land, you outsource jobs and opportunity away from America and into foreign countries that are making us beholden to them. Some of these countries don’t like America. Some of these countries don’t care for planet earth like we do – as evidenced by our stricter environmental standards.

With your nonsensical efforts to lock up safer drilling areas, all you’re doing is outsourcing energy development, which makes us more controlled by foreign countries, less safe, and less prosperous on a dirtier planet. Your hypocrisy is showing. You’re not preventing environmental hazards; you’re outsourcing them and making drilling more dangerous.

Extreme deep water drilling is not the preferred choice to meet our country’s energy needs, but your protests and lawsuits and lies about onshore and shallow water drilling have locked up safer areas. It’s catching up with you. The tragic, unprecedented deep water Gulf oil spill proves it.

We need permission to drill in safer areas, including the uninhabited arctic land of ANWR. It takes just a tiny footprint – equivalent to the size of LA’s airport – to tap America’s rich and plentiful oil and gas up north. ANWR’s drilling footprint is like a postage stamp on a football field.

But it’s not just ANWR; it’s our Petroleum Reserve, too. As Governor Sean Parnell noted today in the Wall Street Journal:

“Federal agencies are also now blocking oil development in the National Petroleum Reserve—Alaska.

Although familiar with ANWR, most Americans are less likely to know about NPR-A and how vital it is to our energy security. Given recent developments, it’s time to elevate the position this area holds in our national discourse.

NPR-A, a 23 million acre stretch of Alaska’s North Slope, was set aside by President Warren Harding in 1923 for the specific purpose of supplying our country and military with oil and gas. Since 1976 it has been administered by the Department of the Interior, and since 1980 it has been theoretically open for development. The most recent estimates indicate that it holds 12 billion barrels of oil and 73 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

In addition to containing enormous hydrocarbons, NPR-A is very close to the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, which means that there would be relatively little additional infrastructure needed to bring this new oil to our domestic market.

But even here, progress has been stalled.”
    Radical environmentalists: you are damaging the planet with your efforts to lock up safer drilling areas. There’s nothing clean and green about your misguided, nonsensical radicalism, and Americans are on to you as we question your true motives.

- Sarah Palin

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

A woman only Ben could love.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

TLDR don't care but, how is this different than the article written earlier by George Will.

edit - Sorry it was Krauthammer.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

**** this lady. Seriously. I never, ever, ever use the word "****", but this chick is the dumbest ****ing **** I've ever seen.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

If Ben Kenobi had to choose just one woman, it would be a toss-up between Palin and Coulter.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No, he'd totally go Palin.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

we need a poll
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                No, he'd totally go Palin.
                How can you be so sure?

Comment

Ann is more manish, so I think he would go for her.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Pffft, no poll is complete without "Pope Benedict" being an option.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hi Neighbor!
                      Special Guest Commentary
                      by the Sarah Palin Homunculus that Lives Inside Liberals' Heads

Knockity knock!

Oh hi there! I was out shooting caribou on the Arctic Cat and saw your synapse lights on, and so I said to myself, "now, gosh darn it, Sarah, you've been living inside this nice person's cerebral cortex for, what is it, almost two years now? By golly, it's about time you dropped in at their frontal lobe with a plate of your famous homemade Alaska welcome wagon cookies and introduced yourself." So anyhoo, I sure hope you like 'em. Don't want to give out a family recipe, but the secret ingredient is baby seal. I clubbed 'em fresh this morning!

Oh my goodness... you look kind of confused. I get that a lot! You were probably thinking, "hey, I only wanted to move next door to Sarah Palin -- now what in the goshdarned heck is she doing inside my brain?" Well ya see, the deal is I'm not Sarah, but boy I gotta tell ya, we sure do get mistaken all the time! No, I'm just a plain ol' homunculus Sarah Palin that your own id created to sublimate your deep-seated psychosexual neuroses. Or so those egghead books say, anyway. But if you ask me that sure sounds like a lot of elite Anti-America liberal professor gobbledegook! By the way, your id says hi.

Gosh darn it, where the heck are my manners? Here I am, gabbing away, like some plainspoken chatty old chatterbox, while you've probably got things to do. I imagine you've got an important op-ed or comedy skit to write about that other Sarah Palin, the one from corporeal reality. And why she's irrelevant and ridiculous and such. Oh no, don't worry, I won't take it personal. After all I'm not her, remember? Though I bet it can probably get confusing trying to keep straight which one of us is which, and who really said what. Tell you what -- why don't you just take the cookies as my gift, and I'll drop by later when it's more convenient. Or, if you like, I'll just be on my way and let you live in peace. You tell me. After all, I'm really only a figment of your imagination. Just stop thinking about me, and poof -- I'll mush the ol' dogsled straight back to your subconscious forever.

Alright, if you insist! Like they say, you should never be too busy to visit with those obsessive hallucinations who live in your head. Now you go brew up a hot pot of Folgers, and I'll take the Saran wrap off those cookies. Mind if I take a quick look-see around while you're fiddling in the kitchen? I gotta say this sure is a beautiful anterior conscious you've got here! I absolutely love the open floor plan. It reminds me a lot of Andrew Sullivan's brain. How many square feet did you say? So spacious and clean and open minded, with the neutral colors. I could really see myself in a place like this, especially with a few moose heads and Eskimo dolls to brighten things up.

Say now, that's one heckuva bookshelf you've got! Mind if I browse? Not much of a reader myself, other than the good book of course... let's see... 101 Things You Didn't Know About Sarah Palin... Going Rouge: An American Nightmare ... Sarah Palin's Secret Diary ... Terminatrix: The Sarah Palin Chronicles ... The Lies of Sarah Palin ... Thanks But No Thanks: A Voter Guide to Sarah Palin ... You Betcha!: The Witless Wisdom of Sarah Palin ... Hockey Mom: Sarah Palin's Shot at Glory ... Going Rude: Sarah Palin ... wow! With all that heavy reading you do, it sure must be hard keeping up with your housework!

Oh, there we are! By golly, that coffee sure smells great. Skim milk no sugar for me thanks, gotta watch the ol' figure. How about the two of us have a sit down on the couch and get to know each other, because I have a feeling we're gonna be spending a lot of time together. You betcha, a whole lot of time. I always say it's important to get to really know folks, especially if you're gonna be camping out in their cerebellum for a few years. Because sometimes you can get off on the wrong foot, ya know? I'm guilty of it myself sometimes. Ya know, as much as I go off and complain about those goshdarn Washington and Hollywood elites, I gotta say those folks are just about the most welcoming, hospitable people on God's green earth. I swear, once they invite you in their head, they'll insist you help yourself their last neuron! Take that Tina Fey for instance. She's pretty much given me the run of her place, rent free. Her id says it's because she has severe body image anxieties, but if you ask me I think she's just lonely and needs somebody to talk to.

Say, do you mind if I use your little girl's room? I just realized I'm going into labor. Back in a jiff!

Phew! Sorry that took so long, it was triplets this time. Aren't they adorable? This is one is Calc, this is Tangent, this is Locust. I tell them apart by their chubby... widdo... fingos.. coochie coochie coochie! Oh. Oh, darn, I am so, so, so sorry. And here your ego just mentioned to me that thing about your repressed Electra complex and your fertility inadequacy issues. I hope you realize I didn't mean to insult or belittle you or anything by giving birth just now. I don't know what it is, but I just can't help having those babies!

Now where were we? Oh yes, Tina Fey. Now, just the other day Tina... umm... is everything all right? I mean, you have the strangest look in your subthalamus. Oh...! Oh, this. The bikini. Funniest thing. Turns out once I'm inside a liberal's head, It's like poof! Off with the clothes. I tell ya, it's gotten to the point that I really don't even notice it anymore. No, don't be embarrassed or ashamed, most of your friends don't even give me the bikini.

Whoa! Did you feel that? I think I felt a little earthquake! Oh -- I see. It was just you, banging your head against the stair banister trying to get me out of it. Trust me, you might as well give up on that, because it's not gonna work. Just ask Tina Fey. Say, what's this on your coffee table - a scrapbook? Goodness sakes, I love scrapbooking! It's so much fun isn't it? And such a wholesome pastime to keep American families connected. Do you mind if I take a look at yours?

Now that's different... I gotta say I don't think I've ever seen this many pictures of me in one place. And all of them with the eyes cut out! Now, maybe I never went to a fancypants college like you did, but I can tell that is very artsy and avant garde. I wonder what it means? No, no -- don't give me any hints! Is it some kind of latent pathological response to the struggle between your libidinal and destrudinal impulses?

Are you okay? You don't look so well. That's a good idea -- let's go out on the deck and get some fresh spring air. Boy, you sure have a lot of telescopes and binoculars and listening devices out here! Are you an amateur astronomer? Well then, you sure as heck picked a great spot. You can't beat Alaska for stargazing this time of year!

Well, I'll be darned -- did you know I can see all the way to Sarah Palin's house from your occipital?
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        **** this lady. Seriously. I never, ever, ever use the word "****", but this chick is the dumbest ****ing **** I've ever seen.
                        Dumb with great tits. A perfect woman.
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Has Ogie become deranged?

Comment

Ogie just find Sarah Palin to be sensible...so yes.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Pffft, no poll is complete without "Pope Benedict" being an option.
                              Nah - Ben would be too old for the pope.

Comment

Working...
                              X