No announcement yet.

Baptists force rape victim to apologize to congregation for being pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that they represent the Baptists as a whole any more than terrorists represent Islam.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I guess that's why MrFun said "Those Baptists that are spoken of in the OP" not all Baptists.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Which is the same as saying that BK is not like most Christians.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He doesn't consider those other Christians to be Christians though.

Just realised my post up there might be ambiguous, I was calling Ben and the Baptists in the OP mental religionists, not all religious people.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Not all christians or all of christianity is responsible for what some christians do.
            But I don't think it's a good manner to hide behind the fact that one's from another church.

It's a thing christians do, and we have to face that and we have to admit and condemn it. Not in the last place of course because every church has it's problems and faults.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              I guess that's why MrFun said "Those Baptists that are spoken of in the OP" not all Baptists.
              Thank you. It would be a daunting task if I was the sole person responsible for helping SlowwHand improve on his reading comprehension.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It was said as a supporting statement, not a disagreement with you. Work on your own reading skills, poofster.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Plomp
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    It was said as a supporting statement, not a disagreement with you. Work on your own reading skills, poofster.
                    You keep denying the truth about the context of your post.

Comment

No, I understand the context of my post. If I disagreed with you, I'd say so.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        You keep denying the truth about the context of your post.
                        I understood his post. Don't blame Sloww because you don't read Texan well
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I doubt that they represent the Baptists as a whole any more than terrorists represent Islam.
                          Agreed, but I'd still rather not sit next to a Baptist on a airplane.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

True, there are also the Baptists who eject Democrats from their congregation, the ones who carry "God Hates Fags" signs at the funerals of soldiers and the ones who surreptitiously tape business meetings.

Speaking of Baptists, Gov. McDonnell has asked Jerry Falwell Jr to take a seat on the Virginia Commission on Higher Education. I hope they frisk him before every meeting.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                              I understood his post. Don't blame Sloww because you don't read Texan well
                              Indeed. Sloww is not the one with the reading comprehension problem here.

For once.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

How dare you accuse me and MikeH with a reading comprehension problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X