Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Metal thread

Manowar - Sons of Odin

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

There is already a music thread but it would be cool to see this obnoxious crap posted somewhere else
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I find this ^ very interesting.

I personally don't like them a lot but for some reason they are very popular in Bulgaria.
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

led zeppelin - commuication breakdown

steppenwolf - born to be wild

cream - sunshine of your love

this is the sort of heavy metal i like, stuff after the mid 70s (with a few exceptions - motorhead being among them) isn't worth bothering with. heavy metal becomes a ridiculous parody of itself after this time. of course that's just my opinion
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          this is the sort of heavy metal i like, stuff after the mid 70s (with a few exceptions - motorhead being among them) isn't worth bothering with. heavy metal becomes a ridiculous parody of itself after this time. of course that's just my opinion
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
            Manowar - Sons of Odin

Of Oerdin?

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

I like it more too, but I'm certainly not sure the label heavy metal is properly applied here.

It's hard rock / classic rock, no?

Comment

Depends. People classify these things in very different ways
                Last edited by Heraclitus; May 31, 2010, 17:59.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

well i've sometimes heard led zeppelin described as the first heavy metal band, but i think you can go back a bit further than that. i think you could put all the bands i posted into those labels, but there's also something different about them, and they (and quite a few other bands from around the same time) had a lot in common and were a big influence on later bands who you would certainly put in the heavy metal category.

having said that it's probably best not to get too bogged down with genres in the creative maelstrom of the late 60s.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Comment

Cattails

"I am in your wetlands, filtering your heavy metals."
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I quite like lead personally.

Comment

Working...
                          X