You can't say **** on the interwebs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't say **** on the interwebs

My mom gets mad at me for saying "frickin'" as I can't say the other word around my kids. And, at work we say the other thing a lot, it's just how heavy equipment operators talk, I can't change that.

Daniel Tosh's standup was on last night and he brings up a good point; nowhere in the Bible does it say not to swear. He elaborates, of course, on God welcoming you to the pearling gates by saying "welcome to fvckin' heaven."

Still, I don't think it's appropriate to cuss in most situations. However, I don't like it when people begin assigning connotations to words without my permission. That's retarded.
    Monkey!!!

You shouldn't take the Lord's name in vain or some'n like it?

Comment

Or is it thou shouldstn't? Blah.

Comment

Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No one has ever explained to me how the f-word takes the lord's name in vain.

Comment

You're too young to understand..

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
              My mom gets mad at me for saying "frickin'" as I can't say the other word around my kids. And, at work we say the other thing a lot, it's just how heavy equipment operators talk, I can't change that.

Daniel Tosh's standup was on last night and he brings up a good point; nowhere in the Bible does it say not to swear. He elaborates, of course, on God welcoming you to the pearling gates by saying "welcome to fvckin' heaven."

Still, I don't think it's appropriate to cuss in most situations. However, I don't like it when people begin assigning connotations to words without my permission. That's retarded.

It isn't a sin to swear, just impolite.

Or so I am told.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"He who would say to his brother, Raca!, is in danger of hellfire"

("Raca" was something like fool or idiot)
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Sound more like an insult than a cuss.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"Fool" is the term that's viewed badly.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"What's the big deal? It doesn't hurt anybody. F*ck f*ckity f*ck f*ck f*ck!" -- Eric Cartman
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post

When the Bible talks about cursing, blasphemy, swearing, etc it isn't talk about saying the word ****/etc. Cursing would be saying something like "Have 7 years bad luck" or "Get a disease". Blasphemy is quite obvious. Swearing was "I will return your money to you, and I swear it by the gold in the temple" or "I did not eat the cookie, may my hair fall out if I did".

Saying words like ****/****/etc is just bad manners and uncultured.

Nothing directly in the Bible against it.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain.
                          ****in' A.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                          X