purchasing a website design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchasing a website design

Looking for a few-page site for a consulting business. I have a domain name and google apps.

Ideally they would set it up and I could maintain it on my own. Is that how it works?

How much should it cost?

Should I go local and how to select the vendor?

Reasonable turnaround?

Should I just buckle down and do it myself? (Would it be "good for me"?)

You might think about one of the big services that have a few templates to choose from, like Squarespace.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Ask Ben to make one for you. He made a delicious website for a Christian book store, or something.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Turns out I have an old USN buddy who I just gave a call to. Probably get him to do it. Only remaining question is the "would it be good for me" issue. And of course the cost, but oh well.

Comment

The website's not that great, but it's simple and elegant which is what you probably want.

He looks a bit young for you, TCO...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Turns out he's actually very, very, very old and that pic is of him when he looked human.

Comment

That cyber session went a bit wrong then?
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
              X