• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

37 BOSTON UNITED STATES 102.2

Still better than New York.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I note for some of my Poly friends that Edmonton is nowhere to be found on the list.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No list of 221 cities in the world for a sample is going to include Edmonton.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

I see Australia has 6 in the top 50. Not bad for a country with only 7 capital cities

Comment

Hmmm, visited 21 and passed through another 2... Must try harder!

From my own experiences I'd definitely have to say that:

Wellington >>>>>>> Auckland (Auckland is ****)
            Melbourne > Sydney

Also, of the US cities I've visited on the list, I'd probably go for Boston > San Francisco > New York > Washington > Honolulu

Hononulu!!? FFS!

What a crap survey...

Though I have to admit that I would put Vienna #1, or thereabouts...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
              OK, so you get the Indy 500, but there must be some reason why no-one wants to live there. Usually, low prices mean few jobs.
              Because it's full of Indianans...

Comment

STockholm is still the most enjoyable city I have visited...

For North America I have to agree with Boston except for the humidity.
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                  Half and half...it's perfect.

Jealousy sucks, Oerdin, get over it.

SoCal is polluted, dirty, crowded, hot, and in general a cliche and dull ****ing place. San Diego is great for hipsters and retirees -- nothing that would actually qualify as outdoor activities.
                  Naw, read'em and weep.

Thanks to a mix of mild weather, plentiful park land and assorted activities, residents in these 40 metros can escape to their own backyards.

Methodology for the list explained: http://www.forbes.com/2008/05/12/out...ealestate.html
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                    STockholm is still the most enjoyable city I have visited...

For North America I have to agree with Boston except for the humidity.
                    How would you rate the Belgian cities?

Again, based on where I've been: Ghent > Antwerp > Brussels > Bruges > Ostende.

To me, Ghent seems to be the perfect marriage of what a Belgian city has to offer.

Comment

I loved Ghent
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                        Naw, read'em and weep.

Thanks to a mix of mild weather, plentiful park land and assorted activities, residents in these 40 metros can escape to their own backyards.

Methodology for the list explained: http://www.forbes.com/2008/05/12/out...ealestate.html
                        What a joke. It isn't a listing of which cities are best for the outdoors, it's a listing for cities that spends on city parks (per resident) and has warm weather.

Turns out a financial magazine isn't a good choice for this kind of listing.

Edit: San Diego has 24 days of unhealthy air a year and it's still near the top?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                          How would you rate the Belgian cities?

Again, based on where I've been: Ghent > Antwerp > Brussels > Bruges > Ostende.

To me, Ghent seems to be the perfect marriage of what a Belgian city has to offer.
                          I agree on Ghent being the nicest city in Belgium . Brussels for me is a hell hole.

Comment

In Bruges presented Bruges in a pretty good light. Otherwise I've only heard of Belgium in the context of bad driving.

Comment

That must have been France... or Brussels

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X