Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much internet violence is translated into real violence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much internet violence is translated into real violence?

Let's say that, hypothetically, there is an Apolyton poster who threatens people with physical violence when people point out to him that he is unbelievably stupid. This hypothetical poster may or may not be from Texas and may or may not be an angry impotent old man. Who is to say, this is all hypothetical.

Anyway, surely people in real life have pointed out to this hypothetical poster how incredibly stupid he is. Have all of these confrontations resulted in physical violence (as this hypothetical poster has threatened on numerous occasions), presumably leading to the hypothetical poster being charged with assault? Or is the hypothetical poster quick to threaten violence on the internet but slow to effect said violence in real life, possibly as a result of being a hypothetical impotent old man who is hypothetically from Texas?

Wait for the poll.
    Hypothetical angry impotent violent old men are often charged with assault in real life
    19.35%
    Hypothetical angry impotent violent old men are all talk in real life
    41.94%
    Hypothetical angry impotent violent old men are violent but avoid charges by fellating the sheriff
    38.71%
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Or is the hypothetical poster quick to threaten violence on the internet but slow to effect said violence in real life, possibly as a result of being a hypothetical impotent old man who is hypothetically from Texas?

This. I would also wager that the hypothetical Texan is a hypothetical coward and hypothetical giant *****, hypothetically.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ratio is approx 0.002:1
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This hypothetical old Texan kicked my ass in real life.

Comment

licked or kicked?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Kicked!

Comment

i think my canadianism makes me feel sorry for that lady. Poor lady.

Comment

Considering Drake Tungsten was the one who's constantly dick-waving about being able to "kick the **** out of" Slowwhand and Sloww has been only answering to Drake (who refuses to name a place, ie. Drake is the one who's chickening out), this whole thread is...

wait, why am I giving a ****? enjoy your social circle blowjobs, girls in jr high had exciting discussions like this

Comment

who refuses to name a place, ie. Drake is the one who's chickening out

I'm relatively sure I have named a place before. Harlem, IIRC.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What is going on in this thread? Do Drake and Sloww have some sort of conflict and want to fist-fight each other?

Both of you need to grow up
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

God, I'd love to kick the **** out of a Philadelphian. Meet me in front of Paddy's Pub at 1am next Saturday.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I haven't watched It's Always Sunny but that Paddy's Pub is not real. There is a Paddy's Pub in Olde City apparently though.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                          Considering Drake Tungsten was the one who's constantly dick-waving about being able to "kick the **** out of" Slowwhand and Sloww has been only answering to Drake (who refuses to name a place, ie. Drake is the one who's chickening out), this whole thread is...

wait, why am I giving a ****? enjoy your social circle blowjobs, girls in jr high had exciting discussions like this
                          isn't it just. it's small stuff from some small men.

i remember a thread of drake's being closed recently, the subject which was beating slowwhand. although if memory serves it was krazyhorse doing his ridiculous internet hardman act and drake was just joining in with his usual 'me too' bumlickery.

oh, and it would be nice if someone would hypothetically insult loinburger again, so he can get his hypothetical panties in a hypothetical twist and hypothetically **** off.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

You're a relatively stupid but extremely boring poster.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Loinburger, on the other hand, is extremely smart and very interesting.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X