• Show
Clear All

• Russian engineers follow in the steps of Leon Moisseiff

We need a facepalm smiley.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Not quite sure what was going on there, was that an earthquake or something?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

It reminds me of video of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge which was nick named galloping gerty by the locals because when the wind blew at a certain speed it would do the same. Eventually it collapsed.

Watch the amazing "Gallopin' Gertie" November 7, 1940 film clip.1940 Tacoma Narrows Bridge Slender, elegant and graceful, the Tacoma Narrows Bridge stretched...
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin:

I am really getting puzzled by your posting habits. In the thread about slavery, I said that the US only beat Brazil to the punch with regards to freeing the slaves and you quoted me and said "The only one we actually beat was Brazil". I was so confused by you just repeating what I said. Like why would you even post that?

Now, you say the bridge video reminds you of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge but Onodera already referenced that by saying that Russian engineers follow in the steps of Leon Moisseiff.

Is this some new way of trolling? Just repeating what previous people said?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I honestly didn't know who Leon was and didn't get the reference. I remembered seeing pictures of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge though.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Did Lord God Putin already execute the engineers?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
              Now, you say the bridge video reminds you of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge but Onodera already referenced that by saying that Russian engineers follow in the steps of Leon Moisseiff.
              Yes, poor Leon, the real-life version of Bill the Sheepshagger.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
              X