Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Western Nations Nerf Their Military Responses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    How does this happen Eco?

You are boring and unthreatening. Nothing about you is remarkable and nothing you say is of note.

That's how someone flies under the radar, in the Thunderdome. Basically, a conflict with you is uninteresting (to, apparently, pretty much everyone).

Further, it's not going to win anyone any glory to take you down a notch; however, I'm the new guy, I earn points everytime I mop the floor with one of you moron cronies.
    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
      My thesis passed with honors (3 of 40 submissions were so honored).

When you write a thesis and it passes with honors then you can talk sht about mine. You haven't done sht to talk about, so you deride other's work.
      I have plenty of achievements that are impressive and that I am proud of. I'm just not an internet braggart.

If you are such a big man with all the right answers, let's see your full name and a link to work. Otherwise, STFU you little coward.

So...

Are you a snivelling little cockroach or a man? Let's see. Give us your name and give us some of your work to criticize.
      Or an internet tough guy.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

You are boring and unthreatening. Nothing about you is remarkable and nothing you say is of note.

That's how someone flies under the radar, in the Thunderdome. Basically, a conflict with you is uninteresting (to, apparently, pretty much everyone).

Further, it's not going to win anyone any glory to take you down a notch; however, I'm the new guy, I earn points everytime I mop the floor with one of you moron cronies.

This is why I don't put you on ignore.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I'm tough in real life too, buddy.

Now go back to being wallpaper, you have nothing to contribute. I've had enough of you.
          Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

• But I don't want to go do some work yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bc1871 View Post
              Now, if I was in Obama's shoes, I would take Iraq's oil and tell them to **** off!

Obama would never betray his Muslim brothers.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Man does Pedotard has a huge self-image problem.

Comment

• I like Wezil. He's reasonable enough to not argue with Ben, but just unreasonable enough to argue with those who argue with Ben.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                    Man does Pedotard has a huge self-image problem.
                    And yet if you try to confront him with that, he just denies, denies, denies.

Really, I've yet to participate in an intervention that worked.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I thought I heard this morning that NK stated that if there was ANY retaliation for them sinking the ship that it would lead to ALL OUT WAR. So much for being reasonable.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Many asked for help to establish representation in their government, including the Kurds and Marsh Arabs who suffered genocide at the hands of Saddam. Your assertion that anyone does not want to be free is pathetic BS. It is human nature to possess self-determination and have a voice in one's authority. Living under a totalitarian is not a "preferred state of being" for anyone.

Saddam was put to death by his own people. Case closed.

We're not feeding via bayonet. We are in Iraq at the request of their elected government and will leave upon their request.
                        I don't know anything about the Kurds asking us to invade, but you're not one for nuances, are you? The fact that they disliked their current thug-ass dictator does not mean that they want an entirely new system of government, and those of the Iraqi government who want us to stay (not that any have said so publicly AFAIK) feel that way only because they know what a colossal ****storm there will be when we leave. We're holding their damned country together, because they're too busy fighting for power internally to fix the place. A dictator can at least guarantee a steady supply of certain goods and services, for the most part. Their travesty of a "democracy" does nothing but squabble over scraps.

Also, Saddam was an authoritarian, not a totalitarian, so stop cheapening an already-cheapened word for a far more terrifying phenomenon. The only government on Earth at this time that I would characterize as genuinely totalitarian is North Korea.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I thought I heard this morning that NK stated that if there was ANY retaliation for them sinking the ship that it would lead to ALL OUT WAR. So much for being reasonable.
                          Hopefully, we oblige them. Although in this case, they backed themselves into a corner. Now I say we retaliate economically (well, South Korea retaliates), digs in at the border and waits a couple weeks. If the war doesn't start, then a couple of air strikes, then more waiting. Make North Korea look stupid.
                          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• From today's G&M:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• North Korea threatens war every time anyone catches them cheating or ****ing around. It's par for the course.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• War is essential to combat North Korea and should happen. A major assault across the border by South Korea with US and allies launching simultaneous amphibious assault near capital and any other strategic coastal city away from the border. Multiple attacks will paralyse NK command system quickly and end war quickly. Korea's then unite with assistance from outside war, US agrees to leave Korea to lessen Chinese and Russian concerns.
                                A side benefit to this is that Iran, Venezuela etc will become more cautious and reasonable in their dealings with the western world. If we do not destroy NK, these other regimes will become more belligerent as well.
                                The idea that we could invade Iran and nation build there being easier than NK is absurd. NK may require more physical assistance such as food etc, but it would be a willing populace who would submit freely to their South Korean brothers. Iran would not submit as a people and would be much harder to nation build than Iraq or Afghanistan.

Comment

Working...
                                X