Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Texas, everything is BIG, including hypocrisy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not unreasonable; just ask Kuci! Bathrooms per capita is his favorite statistic!

And what the hell is a Texadelphia cheese-steak?

I'm not very knowledgeable on cheesesteaks. In fact, believe it or not, I don't believe I've ever frequented either Pat's or Geno's (maybe when I was a little kid). That's like blasphemy right? I'm breaking the sacred code of Philadelphia.

The Code:

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 19, 2010, 04:33.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
      How about the part where I live?
      Admit it! Being half Indian and half white tons of people probably mistake you for Mexican. San Diego is a navy town so lots of my friends growing up we half phillipino and half white or half Vietnamese and half white, or half Korean and half white and every where they went people pissed them off by asking if they were Mexican.

My personal opinion is the hottest women are half Asian and half white. A hit of a tan yet still a slightly exotic look reels the men in every time.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
        Not unreasonable; just ask Kuci! Bathrooms per capita is his favorite statistic!

And what the hell is a Texadelphia cheese-steak?

I'm not very knowledgeable on cheesesteaks. In fact, believe it or not, I don't believe I've ever frequented either Pat's or Geno's (maybe when I was a little kid). That's like blasphemy right? I'm breaking the sacred code of Philadelphia.

The Code:

One of the hardest things is trying to define what a true Philly Cheesesteak is. Some people tell me it must have cheezewiz other people do a high brow cheese steak with premium steak and swiss cheese with grilled onions and still others use a different combo. I have to admit I love the swiss with marinated beef but people tell me that's not the real deal. What's the truth?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

high brow cheese steak with premium steak and swiss cheese with grilled onions
          No. That is definitely not it. Premium steak? You really think that's what they sell in South Philly?

And Swiss? Swiss? Really? Cheezewhiz is the main thing really. It's all in the cheap processed cheese baby!

Oh and it's got to be on an Amoroso's Roll. With a Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak Soda, an order of fries or Herr's potato chips, and a Tastykake later for desert. Do they even sell any of that stuff anywhere but in the Delaware Valley?

I was always more of a hoagie man myself. That's weird. Hoagie is underlined like I mis-spelt it.
          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 19, 2010, 05:21.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They don't look very appetizing in this picture but here's a comparison of Pat's and Geno's steaks.

Comment

Oh yeah and as for sweet or hot peppers... that's up to you. Same with mushrooms.

Comment

And just so you know, the one on the right (Geno's) has an Amoroso roll.

Swiss? Really? I mean Provolone maybe... but Swiss? Who puts Swiss on a cheesesteak?

Comment

Here, Oerdin, this will further elaborate things but it looks like I got everything.

During his presidential campaign in 2003, John Kerry was ridiculed for attempting to order the sandwich with Swiss cheese.[22] A food critic for the Philadelphia Inquirer explained: "In Philadelphia, that’s an alternative lifestyle".[19]

EXACTLY! What did I say? Swiss cheese? That's like the weirdest **** I've ever heard. This is hilarious that Kerry ordered his like that.

Comment

Premium meats This is basically all it is right here... I know you can buy these brands in every supermarket in the city but I don't know if they have these elsewhere (I think Steak-Umms are national since I think that's like a commonly used term for 'minute steaks'):

Now if you're making it yourself at home, you could chop it or leave the slices whole. That's up to you. If you ask me, the whole slices are more traditional but chopping is easier to cook. Most places do chopped as a result (I used to work at a couple steak places). Still wouldn't be right without the right roll. Since you probably can't get an Amoroso roll, at least try to find a hoagie roll. Anything else wouldn't be right.

And as an aside, like I said, I've never frequented either Pat's or Geno's because I don't spend much time in South Philly. The North Philly variety of steaks would probably be best represented by "Max's" and "Halal Bilal Steak & Take"
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 19, 2010, 05:45.

Comment

I assume cheddar would get me lynched? I don't much care for any cheese on a sandwich of any kind except very sharp cheddar or maybe jack... What's the point of having cheese if it doesn't taste like cheese

Steak sandwiches in which the steak is an actual chunk of steak instead of wimpy little slices is also a thing of beauty.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Boshko?

Steak sandwiches in which the steak is an actual chunk of steak instead of wimpy little slices is also a thing of beauty.
                        Never heard of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          Admit it! Being half Indian and half white tons of people probably mistake you for Mexican. San Diego is a navy town so lots of my friends growing up we half phillipino and half white or half Vietnamese and half white, or half Korean and half white and every where they went people pissed them off by asking if they were Mexican.

My personal opinion is the hottest women are half Asian and half white. A hit of a tan yet still a slightly exotic look reels the men in every time.
                          I've actually never been mistaken for a Mexican in my life but sometimes my mom has. In the past, people have mistaken me for an Israeli, Kurd, Sicilian and Iranian. When I traveled to India, people assumed I was a Westerner.

Comment

Speer:

Texadelphia's a restaurant, with about 5 locations around Texas. Absolutely delicious.
                            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Mmmm, I miss me some real Philly cheesesteaks.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X