You know your old when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know your old when......

Ok, yesterday I saw something that gave me pause, when do you or other people realize your old. What is the tipper? So add your's and finish the sentence.

You know your old when your ridding around on a motorcycle (that looks like it came from Orange County Choppers), looking cool with your cropped hair, your cool T-Shirt and jeans with your totally cool sunglasses until.....we follow the jeans down to see the white socks with sandals

It just screamed old guy!
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

When you start talking about stuff that doesn't seem too long ago and realize it has been a decade.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

At least you still have all your faculties if you're remembering stuff from a decade ago...

Mine is when you see people in their 30s skateboarding and you're thinking "grow up"...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

You known you're old when your kids start beating you in competitions that are physical.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When in the past you would have made an old person joke at rah's expense but now can't remember one.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Very good. of course it would help to remember what I'm laughing at.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I guess going senile helps you forget you're getting old...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

... when your face gets into shape right before you go to bed again
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

....when you sit down. On your nuts.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Hey Tia!

Here's one that gets me... there are adults who were born in the 1990's. I mean sure we all know someone born in 1990 would be 20 now but let that sink in for a second... 1990's.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I was expecting GP to have posted in this thread with a salutary remark and an amusing photo by now.
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

your
                        Where's Elok when you need him?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

I got that feeling when this weekend when I went to a reunion show of a local punk band I used to mix sound for. Virtually no one in the club, save the hired help, was under 50 yrs old. That, I expected.

Then I realized it was literally half my lifetime ago when they broke up (1982)
                          Punk rock -- viva la revolucion!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If you don't own this sword or desperately want one, you may as well be old and busted.

**** YES

America

Comment

WTF? Some fat, bald dude is plugging your product?

Wiggy, seriously, get a life.

(or at least a non fat spokesperson.....it's destroying what little credibility you have)
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X