Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlin

Just asking all the cultured Europeans on this site for any recommendations and favourites of what to see and do in this fabulous city.

I already have my accommodation sorted out in the centre of town.

I will be visiting for almost a week in about two weeks.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Please do us a favor, go to the Führerbunker and lock yourself inside.

Comment

I've spent a day and a half there. The Pergamon museum was awesome of course.

Then we spent most of our time in a gay bar in Kreuzberg but I don't remember the name. I wouldn't really recommend it anyway.

Comment

The Pergamon museum is one of my priorities as I have actually been to Pergamon itself.

Comment

What are you interested in?

Here some info in English:
          English language Information re: freetime in berlinfo for Berlin and its international community: residents, tourists, business people, diplomats, students, backpackers, loveparaders

If you're in the center (Alexanderplatz or nearby) check for pubs
          English language Information re: Oranienburger Straße and the Scheunenviertel for Berlin and its international community: residents, tourists, business people, diplomats, students, backpackers, loveparaders

Historic Museums:
          English language Information re: Ancient History for Berlin and its international community: residents, tourists, business people, diplomats, students, backpackers, loveparaders
          Blah

Comment

Pergamon, Reichstag, Potsdam, Stasi jail (those are the obvious).

For a drink try the "Room 51" on Graefestraße, in Neukolln close to Kreuzberg. It gets better after midnight.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Thanks for the tips so far, including the Führerbunker one!

Any books or movies that capture the 'zeitgeist' of Berlin? I saw Goodbye Lenin recently, which was very good. And of course Downfall.

I suppose I should learn some more German, other than words like 'Hande hoch', 'Achtung', 'Ja mein Führer' etc...

Comment

^ http://www.amazon.com/Ich-bin-kein-B...2976917&sr=8-6
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Aarrgh! Currently homeless for the first 3 days of this holiday as all the hotels in Berlin are booked out for their stupid football cup final...

Solutions?

Comment

Didn't try, but maybe it helps:
                    Blah

Comment

Loads on Expedia that aren't booked over weekend of 15th May.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/from=f/shtl=1/fgds=0/favl=0/htsd=0/flag=1/fsam=1/htid=2150004/ihtl=6/smgt=0/crti=0/rfrr=-58161/itdx=/itid=/itty=/hwrq=EX0144E1D007JGDC$60$2A$D6$B2$92$9F$D6$B21!70$ B4$BE2!H0$0A!801000.J$D5$0C0H$D5$0C!A0$1E0Dpsnjo.$ 28mou.ljxjojya$29$2C.Bpskmoa!A0!6$FF!R010003!90100 020001!D0!4$FF
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

If link doesn't work that's Best Western Hotel am Spittelmarkt
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

OK, let me rephrase: All the cheap rooms have gone and I'm ****ed if I'm paying £206 for a night in a Best Western!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            I will be visiting for almost a week in about two weeks.
                            Great - there goes Berlin.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                              OK, let me rephrase: All the cheap rooms have gone and I'm ****ed if I'm paying £206 for a night in a Best Western!
                              Sleep rough.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X