Cell Phone Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Pet Peeves

- I leave my phone on vibrate, and sometimes I think it's ringing in my pocket when it's not... I may not even have it my pocket
    - People who check their phone every 5 minutes incase they missed a message or ignored a phantom vibration and are now wondering if it was real
    - People who text while they drive, and end up sitting at a green light and then get mad at you for honking at them
    - I do not have a fancy phone so I don't have a keyboard, so it takes me 5 minutes to text "I will call you right now"
    - People who feel that they are too important to not answer their cell phone (like at dinner, or in a movie theater, or while on the toilet). If you were really that important you would have a secretary.
    - People who carry a cell phone around by feel they are too important not to answer it when I call.
    Monkey!!!

-People who feel that they are too important to not answer their cell phone (like while they are driving and would end up sitting at a green light and then get mad at you for honking). They should check their phone every 5 minutes in case they missed my message.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Pedestrians who drift while texting. The sidewalk is wide. Stay on your side!
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

-People who have at least 3 grammar errors per sentence...wait that's not about cell phones
        Ok, people who have iPhones and won't shut up about their iPhones and fellate their iPhones and oh god, the iPhones they are iPhones, did you hear about that new iPhone? i...phone....phone...i...
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

-pocket dailing or texting shenanigans. its no rocket science to make a phone that doesnt unlock itself and phone someone inappropriate. Im getting charged for that call so the phone company has little incentive to fix the problem
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

This is a generic forum thread, so I am going to disapprove of it.

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                - People who feel that they are too important to not answer their cell phone (like at dinner, or in a movie theater, or while on the toilet). If you were really that important you would have a secretary.
                I never answer my phone when I'm on the loo. If I know the person then I'll ring them back. If I don't, then they can ring me back. But to answer mid-dump is just rude.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                  - People who carry a cell phone around by feel they are too important not to answer it when I call.
                  i usually turn of my phone when i dont want people calling me. but sometime i get some wierd joy out of not answering calls. particularly if its work related.

Comment

Mine is almost always on silent, so I can screen my calls more effectively. If my dad calls during work time then I know it is going to be something important, but if I get a call from an employment agency I last spoke to over a year ago then it's highly unlikely they've got me playing up front for Newcastle.

Comment

Working...
                    X