Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo 11 Saturn V Launch

Quite awesome footage

This clip is raw from Camera E-8 on the launch umbilical tower/mobile launch program of Apollo 11, July 16, 1969. If you like out videos, an amount in the tip jar…

Apollo 11 Saturn V Launch (HD) Camera E-8 from Mark Gray on Vimeo.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Glory of an age past.

America will abandon its space program entirely in a few decades, it won't be able to afford one (Note I'm not talking here about manned flight which is mostly a waste but about the entire space program). Don't get me wrong landing a man on the Moon was sensless waste of money but its the awsomest white elephant & piece of propaganda one can buy.
    The Chinese know this, a few hundred million people saw a low quality black and white feed of an American set foot on the Moon, a few billion will see a HD possibly 3D video of a smiling Chinese astronaut planting the five stared flag in the Lunar dust, we will all know the American age over.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

There is actually 24 videos at that site, several of them worth a look.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Obvious fake
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Incredible.

I never get tired of watching footage of the Apollo Program. I suppose it's partly because, being born in 1966, I don't clearly remember having seen anything at the time (1969-72), but the reality of there being giant rocket liftoffs and men on the Moon was always present in my mind while growing up. So I've always been drawn to the Moon program and Moon race, and I think anyone would have to admit it was pretty awesome what they did back then.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

That company also puts out DVDs of Saturn V launches and tests. They are well worth the purchase, if you like rocketry and have a big screen.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
              Glory of an age past.

America will abandon its space program entirely in a few decades, it won't be able to afford one (Note I'm not talking here about manned flight which is mostly a waste but about the entire space program). Don't get me wrong landing a man on the Moon was sensless waste of money but its the awsomest white elephant & piece of propaganda one can buy.
              The Chinese know this, a few hundred million people saw a low quality black and white feed of an American set foot on the Moon, a few billion will see a HD possibly 3D video of a smiling Chinese astronaut planting the five stared flag in the Lunar dust, we will all know the American age over.
              i think once usa get some serious competition they are gona kick into gear. the chinese planting a flag on the moon doesnt mean the american age is over but it might(i hope) kick them into gear.
              anyway i think the next space race is going to be either mars or mining a near earth object. i hope one of them becomes a reality in my life time.

edit: great vid

Comment

Working...
              X