Big sale on 23andme if you want to be genotyped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big sale on 23andme if you want to be genotyped

Submit saliva, find **** out about your genetics like inherited traits, disease risks, ancestry, etc. Usually $499, on for $99 today only (DNA day).

It's legit. Google founder's wife is doing it. Featured in Time magazine, NY Times, bunch of other places.

Just thought I'd let people know if they were interested: https://www.23andme.com/
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

spammer hacked Asher's account!

Monkey!!!

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Asher was bought off by Google? It was only a matter of time...
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Note that the New York Times' "feature" was about how inaccurate its medical advice is and how only a few rich people who are also investing in the company have tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
            Note that the New York Times' "feature" was about how inaccurate its medical advice is and how only a few rich people who are also investing in the company have tried it.
            Where was this?

The article I found was positive: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/17/us/17dna.html

I've also known a couple people who have done it and strongly recommended it (including the science guys at ArsTechnica). It's been around for a while, just was always too expensive.

Comment

If you commit a crime, you could get DNA tested for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                spammer hacked Asher's account!

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If spam is this, I'm hoping for more

Comment

Are you doing it Asher maybe you can let us know who you are related to and whether you are at elevated risk for prostate cancer

Comment

Which part of that says they're inaccurate?

And the low number of clients is precisely why they have a sale, I would think...

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/20/bu...sumergene.html

Are you doing it Asher maybe you can let us know who you are related to and whether you are at elevated risk for prostate cancer

No, I'm not doing it. I had considered it, though.

Unfortunately they want $60 shipping to Canada, which is why I decided not to.

Comment

Looks like they removed the sale early. It's back up to $499.

I've considered doing this.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I don't want to know. It will ruin the surprise.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

breeding are we?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X