Help Me Fix My Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all

Sloww - I got rid of the Ad-Aware thing, but the problem persists.

Hauldren, I'll try some of the stress tests and see how well that works. Also, task manager tells me that I should have enough resources to do what I'm doing...

EDIT: OK, fun new development -- I opened up the case and cleaned it out. Crapload of dust in there, but it's now mostly gone. One of the fans wasn't working for some reason because I think there was bad wiring to the power source. That's since been remedied. NOW, however, the computer restarts in less than a minute, I can barely log on to Windows. Bah!
    Last edited by Mao; April 24, 2010, 14:09.
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

You got rid of Ad-Aware, but did you follow the steps to completely get rid of it?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Mao, do you have McAfee? They recently released a buggy update that borks critical Windows files and the PC randomly restarts in a loop.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          You got rid of Ad-Aware, but did you follow the steps to completely get rid of it?
          I got rid of Ad-Aware a while back. I unchecked the lbd thing from autoruns, but couldn't find it in regedit. In the times when the computer survives enough for me to see the events list, I don't see the errors anymore, so that's a good thing (?). No errors, but it still restarts...

AAHZ, I actually have Avast!
          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

This might actually be hardware related, my brother had similar problems a year ago. It had something to do with the hardware in his case. I think it was overheating, but I'm not sure.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X