No announcement yet.

The New Economics of Pot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be a lot of resistance to using blood tests for routine traffic stops. For those involved in accidents yeah.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't see other solutions.

1. Take a blood test (based on suspicion) or you have just refused a sobriety test, and suffer the legal consequences.

2. Let people drive on it.

There's no way to establish intoxication via urine or breath, AFAIK. Also note, we've no idea what sort of THC:blood ratio would mean intoxicated at the moment; that might not be easy to figure out.

3. Perhaps we just go with field sobriety tests (walking a line, touching nose...), though I think we'd need something else for stuff like commercial flights, heavy equipment, etc.
      Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        There will be a lot of resistance to using blood tests for routine traffic stops. For those involved in accidents yeah.

I suspect it will require the same grounds as a blood test for alcohol (more accurate than the blow in test).
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I doubt they will ever allow blood test on ROUTINE traffic stops.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Take it up with Ben.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Now that was totally uncalled for.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Fairly obvious if someone appears stoned, which would give you grounds for an arrest.

Or offer them a cookie.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

And we already have this problem now with pot illegal, legalizing doesn't change it.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Not really. Any amount of pot in your system is currently illegal, there is no level to be determined. People that smoke pot every day, can be quite stoned but may not display the outward characteristics that you would expect. (except for the cookie aspect )

I've heard many law enforcement types state that the problems with testing has been quite an important component of why it hasn't already been made legal.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah ok. Here possession and distribution is illegal, having it in your bloodstream isn't.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                        Fairly obvious if someone appears stoned, which would give you grounds for an arrest.

Or offer them a cookie.
                        Somebody who is tired could appear stoned... somebody with a flu or cold could appear stoned. While both do hamper your driving ability, neither is illegal.

But I do like the cookie test
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What's the problem with driving stoned anyway? Driving too slowly and carefully?!
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Somebody who is tired could appear stoned... somebody with a flu or cold could appear stoned. While both do hamper your driving ability, neither is illegal.

But I do like the cookie test
                            What would DanQ think of this post Ming, you are clearly out of bounds here because this is a family friendly site we do not talk about evil things such as drugs so READ RESPOND OR BE RESTRICTIVE!

oops wrong time period
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The Driving issue has always been my worry.

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                              I don't see other solutions.

1. Take a blood test (based on suspicion) or you have just refused a sobriety test, and suffer the legal consequences.

2. Let people drive on it.

There's no way to establish intoxication via urine or breath, AFAIK. Also note, we've no idea what sort of THC:blood ratio would mean intoxicated at the moment; that might not be easy to figure out.

3. Perhaps we just go with field sobriety tests (walking a line, touching nose...), though I think we'd need something else for stuff like commercial flights, heavy equipment, etc.
                              1. People will fight this tooth and nail - not just pro-pot people either.

2. Unacceptable.

3. I don't think that's precise or objective enough.

Hence the problem.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                                What's the problem with driving stoned anyway? Driving too slowly and carefully?!
                                Your depth perception and reaction time are all messed up. Sure, you don't get the whole "I'm awesome, let's race" thing that booze can give you, but you're still significantly impaired.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X