Pulitzer Prize winner: Internet journalism like terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulitzer Prize winner: Internet journalism like terrorism

WaPo's Kathleen Parker on CBS: Tea Parties 'Dangerous;' Internet Journalism 'Like Terrorism'

SCHIEFFER: Someone made an interesting point to me recently, in talking about how, you know, some of this really nasty rhetoric that shows up on the Internet, where you don't know who said it. There really is no accountability, the Internet being the only place, the only vehicle to deliver news that has no editor. You don't know where this stuff comes from, whether it's true or false.

And this person said to me, you know, we've always had opinion that comes from various places, like, during Lincoln's day, every newspaper had an editorial point of view. But this person said the difference was, in those days, you knew which paper it was coming from. Now you don't know where some of this is coming from. And that is the added factor to the volatility of this stuff and where it goes.

PARKER: Yeah, it's interesting. People will say anything when they have the – the cloak of anonymity. It's, sort of, like terrorism. You know, we don't know where to aim our bombs, so we can't go after a country because there are – you know, there's no one place to focus on it. And it's the same thing with – with the Internet. You can't really – you don't know who to go after.
    Last edited by HalfLotus; April 20, 2010, 19:23.

Retards target people, the rest of us target ideologies. I know exactly where the BS comes from.
    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Unbelievable!
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Social Justice sucks monkey balls
        Monkey!!!

Comment

How dare the plebs congregate on the interweb and write things!

Comment

I do enjoy it when people get all faux outraged because they can't understand simple analogies.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              I do enjoy it when people get all faux outraged because they can't understand simple analogies.
              I do enjoy it when a thread title is worlds away from an actual comment in context.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
              X