Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Florida vacation

The highlights

Florida- Disney- Disney-stomach pains in eldest child- ER - exam-blood tests-CT-- diagnosis of ruptured appendix-ambulance to another hospital at midnight-- surgery at 8 a.m.-- groggy child-- requires 7 days in hospital- child being stronger than I expected

Great hospital and staff-- So happy to have purchased travel health insurance

Bottom line-- surgery went well and recovery looks promising-- I know an appendix is "routine" but its never routine when its your own child

So I get to extend my stay in Florida!
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

So how was the vacation other then the child almost dying thing?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

who buys trip insurance?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Non americans visiting US
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Flubber, when you come back home and the kid is recovered, don't forget to give it a proper beating with f.ex. a leather belt for disrupting your trip.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Thank God for socialized health care
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I thought Mu Mu land was yankystan, but I might be wrong

Steven Weinberg

Comment

They have socialized medicine in the US now BlackCat.

Please keep up.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, they are implementing it, but I bet that tourists aren't included

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Glad to hear the boy is okay.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanks Asher. Today I got to see him be sedated again to insert a central line. So no more new Ivs or needles to draw blood. Now we hope for his fever to come down and for no complications.
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

How old is he?

You're welcome for letting you win the auction league, BTW.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I hope the boy is OK.

How is his mother?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I hope all goes well for you.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              How old is he?

You're welcome for letting you win the auction league, BTW.
                              My son is 6. The docs here say they see a lot of ruptures here in younger kids. They are so excited by Disney that they ignore pain or other symptoms. By the time the parents know their child is sick, it's too late.

I won auction? I will look at that later.

Nye. His mom is great. She is a critical care nurse herself so she understands the drugs and procedures. She hardly leaves his room but there is a shower and parents bed there so she is pretty comfortable. Her work involves patients far sicker than our son so she is not freaked out or anything. My role mainly is with our daughter and the two grandmothers. I will likely bring them somewhere, spend the day with my boy, and then bring them to visit and then back to the house
                              Last edited by Flubber; April 13, 2010, 08:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X