'Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream'

Apparently the mainstream narrative that the Tea Party is an extremist, right-wing, fringe movement isn't accurate.

'Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

PRINCETON, NJ -- Tea Party supporters skew right politically; but demographically, they are generally representative of the public at large. That's the finding of a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted March 26-28, in which 28% of U.S. adults call themselves supporters of the Tea Party movement.
    In several other respects... age, educational background, employment status, and race -- Tea Partiers are quite representative of the public at large.

Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.

The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.
    It isn’t a “purely homogeneous” group, said Winston.

The US has a lot of extreme right wingers who aren't necessarily Republican.

Comment

Hardly a surprise, given that, generally speaking, ********* are fairly mainstream in America today.

Also: 4/10 being D/I is hardly representative, as that implies that 6/10 are Republicans. Last I heard about 20% of the population call themselves D, 20% R, and 60% I.

So, in summation: fail.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

People are always surprised at who turns out to be serial killers in their neighborhoods.

Anyway, they are asking the wrong questions.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

28%, huh? That just about coincides with the old Bush 30%. Almost exactly. The same idiots who thought Bush was doing a great job all the way up to the end are now tea baggers yelling racial epitaphs at black congressmen, shouting nonsense like "keep away from my medicare!!!!!!" (medicare is the government run health insurance for the elderly), claiming they're going to kill people who disagree with them, and generally being lead around by the nose by Republican funded organizations. Yep, that's not stupid or extremist. Not at all.

Why don't you go back to talking about conspiracy theories claiming the moon landings were faked or that 9/11 was done by the Jews? It suits you better.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

3 filterless retards shout epithets on Capitol Hill, and now every fiscal conservative is a racist, violent extremist?

And a handful of people commit violent crimes, so therefore everyone who shares their general beliefs with respect to the economy is an extortionist?

Not to mention that you aren't being led around by the nose by a Republican-funded organization that you, as a republican, funded, which many of these people are.

And why do you assume it's the same ~30%?
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              3 filterless retards shout epithets on Capitol Hill, and now every fiscal conservative is a racist, violent extremist?
              I have trouble understanding why reasonable people would associate themselves with a movement that is mostly known for doing ridiculous things.

Comment

The only thing I'm getting from all the statistics that 1/2 Lotus has provided us with is that we have a lot of retarded people in this nation.

Comment

Mostly known != mostly responsible
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                    The only thing I'm getting from all the statistics that 1/2 Lotus has provided us with is that we have a lot of retarded people in this nation.
                    Very true.

I posted these polls to show a little more scientific breakdown of TPers, since all we get from the mainstream is nonsense similar to what Oerdin posted.

Comment

The tea partiers are awesome.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

regardless of who is in power there's always a group of anti-tax, anti-govt protesters, usually with varied libertarianesque views. When the Repubs get unelected because they deserve worse, some join or co-opt the anti-govt movement. Think of liberal Democrats trying to co-opt or join more radical elements, like Obama and his Chicago church. When the Repubs get re-elected the Dems will let the more leftist groups beat the war drums.

Comment

Working...
                        X