This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black pepper: Coarse or fine ground?

Black pepper is the single most commonly used spice in the world. I normally buy fine but my girlfriend recently bought a huge container of coarse ground black pepper which took a bit of getting used to since the coarse stuff has a stronger taste which seemed to over power other flavors in the food but now I've kind of grown used to it and like it. I'd still prefer fine ground for any delicately flavored foods but as a cheap way to flavor up just about anything coarse black pepper wins the day.
    Only the fine stuff, please!
    10.00%
    I like my pepper like I like my women, coarse.
    40.00%
    I prefer my black pepper some other way (specify below).
    20.00%
    I only flavor my foods with bananas.
    30.00%
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Coarse pepper is best.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

What sort of barbarian buys pre-ground pepper?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

True, true.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post

QFT
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Damn right.

However, as you are no doubt aware, America is full of vulgarians who are to good taste what American government is to governance.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't do black pepper. Lot of salt, but no pepper. Jalapeño, yes. Not black.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

racist
                "

Comment

I wondered who it would be. I didn't think of you, but in retrospect, I should have.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wondered who it would be. I didn't think of you, but in retrospect, I should have.
                    someone had to say it.

black pepper is rather weak, the coarse version is a little better though. Jalapeño is of course preferred.
                    "

Comment

a lazy one. if i'm cooking ten gallons of pasta sauce or chili (which is not an uncommon occurrence), i sure as **** am not grinding my own pepper by hand.

if my veggies could use a little nip, i use the grinder. i've even been known to cook with whole peppercorns when making stocks.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I just want to thank Oerdin for making this thrade for me to downvote and i hope there will be moar such thrades in the future
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Everyone hear knows exactly where to file your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            I don't do black pepper. Lot of salt, but no pepper. Jalapeño, yes. Not black.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post

black pepper is rather weak, the coarse version is a little better though. Jalapeño is of course preferred.

It's a totally different flavour. Why not suggest honey as an alternative, or cheese? They don't taste like black pepper either.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X