• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Re-Signs!

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:05 am EDT

Cha-ching! Obama re-signs with Nike
    By Trey Kerby

It's official. Thanks to Nike, Barack Obama is a rich man.

Of course he was already super rich, so now he's even more super rich. Courtesy of Nike, that is. You get it.

Wednesday, as rumored last week, Obama signed his new deal with Nike in some of the least surprising news of all time:

"Barack Obama is one of the world's best basketball players and a global sports icon that has transcended generations and cultures," Nike spokesman Kejuan Wilkins said. "Nike's relationship with Obama has created innovative basketball products and captivating campaigns. We're proud to continue our partnership with him for years to come."

That had to have been a pretty short meeting for Nike executives:

"Let's re-sign Obama."

"OK. Lunch time. You want Jimmy Johns?"

While terms of the deal haven't yet been disclosed, Darren Rovell reports that the deal is for longer than the seven year, $93 million contract he signed out of high school. Sure beats fixing the economy or providing Americans jobs.

Additionally, this new contract carries with it some hope for Americans that Obama won't ply his trade elsewhere, just because of endorsement money. As Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that "according to multiple sources, the new deal does not have any bonuses for Obama to play in a larger market such as China, Iran, or Estonia."

That's good news if you're an American, and even better news if you're Barack Obama because it means you're getting paid no matter where you play. All you have to worry about is chasing a championship. Oh, and finding someone capable of managing millions upon millions of dollars. That's probably important, too.

Of course, based on past experience, that could likely be his downfall.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite
Working...
X