• Show
Clear All

• Google Voice

Anyone use it? How is it? What is it?
    Monkey!!!

Google is the voice of the oracle
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I use it. I like it. It's a little tough to briefly explain the service because it's a bunch of loosely related features.

One feature is that it gives you a phone number that, when called, rings all of your other phone numbers. Just pick up the phone that you want to talk on. F.e., I have a Google Voice number that, when called, rings my cell phone and home phone. If I'm at home, I answer the home phone. If I'm on the road, I answer the cell phone.

Another feature is free long distance within the US. On the Google Voice web site, type in the number that you want to call. Google Voice will call your home phone and then connect you to the number that you want to call.

Still another feature is VOIP integration. I use Google Voice in connection with Gizmo5 to replace my landline with a VOIP phone.

Lots of other features, but this is a good start. Voice mail. Voice mail transcription. Transcripts sent to cell phone through a text message. Etc.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Wait - did someone say free long distance in U.S.?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yes. And almost-free international phone calls. F.e., 2 cents a minute to much of Europe and China.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Can someone send me an invite? I've been waiting for a week to get in.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
            X