Analyze This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analyze This!

Okay, I'm a few miles from the campuses of Kansas and Kansas St - 1 and 2 seeds in the March Madness basketball tournament starting tomorrow. I'm, taking Kentucky to win it all...

I figure I'd be happy if either Kansas team won, but I have this sense of doom - I always have it for teams I really want to win - that neither will win, and Kentucky seems like a good candidate to be spoiler (although I have Georgetown and Syracuse doin the misdeeds). So whats goin on in my head? Is that just a matter of hedging bets so to speak? Or is it some insecurity surfacing through my subconscious? Its kinda weird, I dont wanna take the teams I want to win even when the Vegas odds makers are telling me my team is the best bet to win.

Oh, ye of little faith.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

true, but why? I'd be the doubting Thomas fer ser

Comment

Your heart says yes. Your mind says yes. Your soul says no. Clear vote, to me.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

maybe I have no soul

yer the grim reaper, ever delivered me to hell?

Comment

Nah!

Comment

I can confirm Berz has no soul, just look how well he does at fantasy sports!
              "

Comment

Look at him now, though. All his expertise is hitting the fan.

Comment

I have no expertize at college basketball

I do know Kansas is the favorite, but I always get the same feeling they'll lose

this time GTown will do them in.

Comment

Don't be a wimp Berz... go with either Kansas
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

it would be cool to have both in my final 4. I did in one bracket I think, I felt guilty about neither team making it so I put em both in the 2nd bracket. Yeah, thats still wimpy.

Comment

I've got Kansas all the way, despite my anti-Self sentiment.

Haven't seen K State all year. Haven't seen a lot of these teams. I expect to get smoked in the pools. As usual.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

oh ya, he was coach at Illinois a while back. And whats his name went to NC. I liked that guy, cant even remember his name.

K State is tough, they have a long history of losing to Kansas so if they dont have to play them they should go deep. I got em elite 8 at least in 2 leagues - loser to Syracuse

Comment

Roy Williams. Another carpetbagger.

Of course, most of them are, so it wasn't a big shock. But it was just a b1tch to see Self build Illinois into a legit national power and then walk away.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X