No announcement yet.

How fast do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Montana during the day, many roads have no speed limit.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'll usually do no more than 7ish MPH over the speed limit.

I just wish Illinois would be like their neighbors and increase to 70MPH on the interstates. There's absolutely NO reason for 64/70/57/24 in Southern IL to be capped at 65MPH. And, despite being in the middle of nowhere, there are always highway patrol about...

Comment

On highways i usually drive 120 - 140 km/hr otherwise at 60 - 70 km/hr.......

Comment

I've driven with Ming and he's faster than I am.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Typically at or very slightly above the limit (110 km/h on our freeways). Tonight I drove from Canberra to Sydney (to fly out to LA) and my wife was late for a hair appointment, so I drove at about 118 km/h to make it on time.

I'm now off to see if my good deeds will get their just reward

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              I don't know that this is accurate. I don't recall seeing a road with 80 MPH in Texas.
              I think I may have seen those limits on I-10 in the desert.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post

But as I said, I was going with traffic. I don't know about CA, but Oregon has a rule that you can't be cited for speeding if you're going with the bulk of traffic. They would have to have pulled over everyone.

That's a pretty ****ed up rule.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  http://www.motorists.org/speedlimits...d-limit-chart/

I don't know that this is accurate. I don't recall seeing a road with 80 MPH in Texas.
                  Aren't you the Texas lone ranger? You're suppose to be on top of this stuff.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    That's a pretty ****ed up rule.
                    I don't see it as ****ed up. It's always safer to go with the flow of traffic than otherwise.

The most dangerous drivers on the 401 are the ones going the speed limit. It forces others to pass them, and the more lane changes required, the more accidents...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

They aren't pulling over the slower people to improve safety.

The rule is essentially saying "We don't have the resources to enforce this law so we won't". Extend that thinking.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Is this an "unwritten" rule Boris? I'd love to see the text of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                          They aren't pulling over the slower people to improve safety.
                          I've never seen it...
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wezil's on a mission to make the world safe for all drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              Wezil's on a mission to make the world safe for all drivers.
                              Hmm. I think you misunderstand. I have no problem with speeding (if done safely). I agree with Asher's point about unusually slow drivers being a hazard.

The "flow" of traffic on our 400 series highways is about 120km/h although the limit is 100 km/h. The police here have decided ("unwritten") 120 is a safe speed and will rarely ticket for it...but they could.

Comment

Concern about slower drivers being a hazard means that you're still on a mission to make the world safe for drivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X