Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you feel safer now.

From this mornings Chicago Tribune

Pinup, actress and now author Raquel Welch spoke with us Wednesday from her Los Angeles office about her much-publicized pat-down last week by Transportation Security Administration agents at O'Hare. Welch had been in town for an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to promote her forthcoming book, "Raquel: Beyond the Cleavage" (Weinstein Books, April 1, $26.95), and was returning to LA when the incident occurred.

The 69-year-old Welch said TSA agents stopped her after the metal supports in her Dolce & Gabbana bustier set off the airport metal detectors, a bit of humor clearly not lost on her, given the title of her book. A TSA official confirmed that Welch did set off the metal detectors, and with those full-body scanners not yet in place, the buxom actress says nearby passengers got quite a show.

Q: So, what exactly happened at O'Hare?

A: They pulled me aside and said, "You're going to have to have a body search." Then they proceeded to bring me into the glass booth and they said, "You'll have to wait a moment, because there are no women available." I said, "Just go ahead. You can have a man do it." They said, "Oh, no, no, no. That's not the way it's done."

Q: What do you think they were looking for?

A: An explosive device, I guess. I don't think explosive undergarments, just something explosive. It's all just so funny because it's all double-entendre. … It was just such a strange coincidence. They seemed to want to know very much what was beyond my cleavage.

Q: I think of Raquel Welch being patted down at the airport, and I think, this does make America a safer place.

A: Certainly handier, I'll say that.

Q: What exactly does this say about the state of airline security in America?

A: I'm very appreciative of the job they do. They're very serious-minded about it and very meticulous to explain everything and to make sure that they're not offending anyone. I really do appreciate that.

Q: So, just to be perfectly clear, you have never worn exploding undergarments of any kind?

A: I've never worn any exploding undergarments. … I thought about calling Dolce & Gabbana and saying … "Why don't you use titanium stays through all of the bustiers" … but then I thought, well, there might be a lot of hunky young guys doing the inspection. Maybe I'll just stick with the one I've got.
    I feel sorry for the guy she told to go ahead. What temptation. I probably would have done it despite any consequences.

But I feel safer flying now after reading that.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

pics or it didn't happen
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'm just gonna refrain from being a pig.
      Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

The older pictures are best
        Attached Files
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          I feel sorry for the guy she told to go ahead. What temptation. I probably would have done it despite any consequences.
          Oh yea, 70-year-old ladies really get my blood boiling.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well I'm considerably closer to her in age so yeah, she still does it for me.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Plus there's always the bragging rights. You don't have to mention how old she was at the time.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Correctamundo.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is officially the sadest thread on poly.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Doubt it.

I had a zero response thread a while back. It was more sad than this..
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                      This is officially the sadest thread on poly.
                      No, if feeling up Raquel Welsh isn't more interesting then discussing how we change the algorithm to define poverty, then you're officially the saddest person posting at poly.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        No, if feeling up Raquel Welsh isn't more interesting then discussing how we change the algorithm to define poverty, then you're officially the saddest person posting at poly.
                        wow Rah actually made a good post
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Until you realize that he's talking about a 70 year old and living in the past like a 30 something year old virgin.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

havent seen her recently but she was still good looking at 60+

her and Sophia Loren were the babes I fell in love with as a young man

Comment

Mr Fun has to make everything about gaydom. DaShi has to rant about anyone out of adolescence. It's part of the "Universal Truths" deal.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X